The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

So the broncos are making Trevor Siemian Ava for trade, ? would you guys give up a 5th for him as a back up,Just curious.

I can't see myself trading for him, but I wouldn't hate him as a backup. He has shown he can win some games with a team surrounding him. Better than Cassell, but not a guy I'd target. I'd take him, but wouldn't go seeking him out.

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The league isn't full of elite pass catching backs. The role that Landry served isn't easily filled. The list of backs that averaged more yards per catch last year and actually received a reasonable enough targets to be discussed is: Alvin Kamara and Todd Gurley. A player with Landry's bulk numbers, catch rate and first down rate isn't going to come cheap whether they play RB or WR.

There's plenty of players, who in more limited opportunities put up similar stats to what Landry did last year... 

As far as Rec, YPR and YAC/R, you have

• Landry - 112/8.8/4.6
  • Gurley - 64/12.3/12.7
  • Kamara - 81/10.2/8.7
  • Bell - 85/7.7/8.1
  • D. Johnson - 74/9.4/8.5
  • McCaffrey - 80/8.1/7.6
  • Ingram - 58/7.2/8.6
  • Gordon - 58/8.2/8.7
  • C. Thompson - 39/13.1/12.4
  • McKinnon - 51/8.3/9.3

Riddick, Bernard, McCoy, Hunt, Mixon, Miller, and more I'd assume (I stopped there) would be in that 7-9 ypr range and double up the 4.6 YAC/R figure.  Again, if that's the role we're looking for... a guy who can run a 3 yard route and turn it into an 8 yard gain... 

The statement that he's a RAC monster is also a bit misleading.  511 is 2nd amongst WRs, but the 4.6 YAC/catch would not be anywhere near the top of the list, even excluding RBs.  Tate, Julio, Allen, AB, Tyreek, Kelce, Thielen, Cobb, JSS, Kupp (!), Gronk, Crowder, Adams, T Williams, Wilson... etc, etc, etc all averaged more YAC/R than Landry last year.  

I think his role is determined off his skill set.  Cutler taking over for Tannehill last year didn't help.  But outside the one season that looks like an outlier (12.1 ypc), it's been pretty much the same with Tannehill.  Let's also not act like Tannehill was good in 2016 and bad in '14 and '15.  He's an average to slightly above average starting QB in the NFL (and probably one of the better deep arms in the NFL).

He's not available anymore... that's good. I know the cap growth that's taken place and understand how it's inflated contracts.  But if we gave Landry a contract that averaged even $8M, when they could have had a guy like McKinnon who could fill that short pass role at a significant fraction of that price (maybe not half, but a solid 40% less), I woulda had some doubts about their direction... 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I rather have Paul Richardson, Brice butler, or Albert Wilson no thank you Jarvis Landry nothing he does excites me. 

And yet he’s outproduced all 3 of their careers combined with far less superior QBs.... To say nothing he does excites you is a joke especially when comparing him to the 3 you mentioned.

31 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

And yet he’s outproduced all 3 of their careers combined with far less superior QBs.... To say nothing he does excites you is a joke especially when comparing him to the 3 you mentioned.

That’s your opinion, he doesn’t excite me, he out produce a lot of WR in the NFL I’ll still take over him, he’s nothing special get over it, what does he do that can add an element to our offense that is missing, he’s not a deep threat, he doesn’t play outside. He catches a lot of balls in the slot wow ??????. News flash we have possession WR in Davis in Matthews’s in sharpe. We need receivers that can add what we’re missing not already have. Paul Richardson is a deep threat which means, in this offense he can force defenses to decide either put a safety over the top or play in the box. Wilson a explosive slot WR that can get deep, Butler a deep threat when on the field he produces. Yeah let’s pay a slot WR 12-14mill a year just to catch a 100 balls minus explosive game changing plays... 

34 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Landry is a great player, but I didn't think he's the type of WR we need.

We need someone with speed that can take the top off the defense consistently. I'd really like Richardson

Exactly people want the same skill set over & over 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s your opinion, he doesn’t excite me, he out produce a lot of WR in the NFL I’ll still take over him, he’s nothing special get over it, what does he do that can add an element to our offense that is missing, he’s not a deep threat, he doesn’t play outside. He catches a lot of balls in the slot wow ??????. News flash we have possession WR in Davis in Matthews’s in sharpe. We need receivers that can add what we’re missing not already have. Paul Richardson is a deep threat which means, in this offense he can force defenses to decide either put a safety over the top or play in the box. Wilson a explosive slot WR that can get deep, Butler a deep threat when on the field he produces. Yeah let’s pay a slot WR 12-14mill a year just to catch a 100 balls minus explosive game changing plays... 

Brice Butler is a bum. 

11 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Brice Butler is a bum. 

Again that’s your opinion I see a servicable deep threat, he makes plays when he’s on the field, Some WR do better with a change of scenery Wes walker Miami, Taylor Gabriel Cleveland, Chris hogan. It’s all about offensive philosophy & scheme fit, I think butler can thrive as a #3 WR. But hey 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Again that’s your opinion I see a servicable deep threat, he makes plays when he’s on the field, Some WR do better with a change of scenery Wes walker Miami, Taylor Gabriel Cleveland, Chris hogan. It’s all about offensive philosophy & scheme fit, I think butler can thrive as a #3 WR. But hey 

He had 3 drops and 15 catches. He is big and fast but he can't catch...

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

He had 3 drops and 15 catches. He is big and fast but he can't catch...

I remember delanie hands were questions coming from SF, & he wasn’t an all pro TE he is today, again I like butler as a 3rd option wr, I think he can do what decker did & be more explosive. Now if we were to sign Richardson I like him as our #2 & move Matthews our #3

There are a hell of a lot more guys who can't catch and never learn to catch than there are Delanie Walker's. 

Don't take the exception and speak in certainties as if it was the rule.

If we're bringing on a WR, it needs to be someone who has at least shown the ability at some point in the past to be a complete player. The last thing we need is a fast guy just for the sake of running go routes.

If Watkins gets out LA I would be all in on him 110% 

2nd overall pick QB

2- Top 5 pick WRs

2 - top 11 pick OTs

That's investing in the right positions. Watkins has legit deep speed and is a great all around player.

16 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

There are a hell of a lot more guys who can't catch and never learn to catch than there are Delanie Walker's. 

Don't take the exception and speak in certainties as if it was the rule.

If we're bringing on a WR, it needs to be someone who has at least shown the ability at some point in the past to be a complete player. The last thing we need is a fast guy just for the sake of running go routes.

If Watkins gets out LA I would be all in on him 110% 

2nd overall pick QB

2- Top 5 pick WRs

2 - top 11 pick OTs

That's investing in the right positions. Watkins has legit deep speed and is a great all around player.

Again I see butler as a #3 option rotational player not a starter just depth like decker. I prefer Richardson 

Well he has 31 receptions in the previous 2 seasons combined, what makes him a #3? He'd behind Taylor at least and possibly even Sharpe unless there's something about him that I'm missing. 

I don't care to improve our #3/#4 WR spot or to even try to add onto that through free agency. I want somone who can take Matthews place as a really good #2. Someone who has already proven they can produce in the NFL. This is his last year under contract.

Edit: Although that is projecting because Davis needs to step it up to take away Matthews spot as our #1, but I see that being less of a problem with Mularkey gone and run-blocking no longer being our WRs most important ability.

Archived