The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Michel is my draft crush this year, but I'd rather not trade any of our picks. 

RBs seem to go later than their projections because of their value, so there's a chance that a guy like Guice, Ronald Jones II or Kerryon Johnson is available at 57. There's also some change of pace, speed backs that I feel will be available in the middle rounds(Akrum Wadley, Nyheim Hines or Mark Walton).

Also, keeping that 3rd rounder will allow us to fill one of our other needs (G, S, ILB or OLB).

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wow this would be huge for the city of Nashville. Doubt they’ll get it but they certainly deserve it. I’ll definitely be making the trip if it happens.

Draft weekend in Vegas would be...shall we say, interesting.

As much as I would live Guice at 25 (if he even makes it to 25), I also realize succesful zone block schemes don't require an utterly physically gifted back to succeed. When you think of successful zone backs, you think of Terrell Davis (and the stable of rbs the Broncos had through the years), Arian Foster, Michael Turner, Alfred Morris, Lynch (in Seattle), and more recently Jay Ajayi, Jordan Howard and Devonta Freeman in 2016.

The more I think about it, the more I think Henry can be successful in this system. One read and go... Dont put too much thought into it... Let your vision, the oline/dline/gap tell you where to go...

I'd still like him to improve his ability to pick up a blitzer improve... But I now think he can be extremely successful going forward. If he's that big a threat running the ball, Mariota is going to be deadly in play action and roll outs. 

13 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

As much as I would live Guice at 25 (if he even makes it to 25), I also realize succesful zone block schemes don't require an utterly physically gifted back to succeed. When you think of successful zone backs, you think of Terrell Davis (and the stable of rbs the Broncos had through the years), Arian Foster, Michael Turner, Alfred Morris, Lynch (in Seattle), and more recently Jay Ajayi, Jordan Howard and Devonta Freeman in 2016.

The more I think about it, the more I think Henry can be successful in this system. One read and go... Dont put too much thought into it... Let your vision, the oline/dline/gap tell you where to go...

I'd still like him to improve his ability to pick up a blitzer improve... But I now think he can be extremely successful going forward. If he's that big a threat running the ball, Mariota is going to be deadly in play action and roll outs. 

Don’t forget Chris Brown, Travis Henry, lendale White & Chris Johnson. We were a zone run team until whiz got here 

23 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Running back in the first? Please god no. Unless Barkley fell to 25 :D, I wouldn't even consider it personally. 

I know we won't go RB at 1... As I stated above, I'm intrigued at how good Henry can be in the zone scheme.

But I won't be surprised when Guice ends up on the OROY shortlist. He has the vision, balance, and cut back ability to excel in  any scheme... But especially a zone scheme... He was a better back in '16 than Fournette was. His injuries this year will be the only thing to hold him back... Although I think he could end up as a top 10 pick when its all said and done. So if he somehow slips to us, I'm very tempted to just go BPA without worrying about need. 

19 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

With how pass-happy the NFL has become, I can't remember really the last time a RB truly carried a team to a Super Bowl title. Since 1980, only 5 RBs have been named Super Bowl MVP, with Terrell Davis being the last in 1998. Now that isn't to say that there haven't been some highly important RBs on Super Bowl winning teams, but you can win a Super Bowl with just a good but not great RB, which I think Henry can be in this scheme. We don't NEED a Lev Bell or David Johnson type of RB to get where we want to go. If a guy like that fell into our lap or a mid round draft pick turned into a guy like that, obviously we would be ecstatic and it would definitely be a big boost to the offense but we don't need to chase for a guy like that in the first round.

2 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

With how pass-happy the NFL has become, I can't remember really the last time a RB truly carried a team to a Super Bowl title. Since 1980, only 5 RBs have been named Super Bowl MVP, with Terrell Davis being the last in 1998. Now that isn't to say that there haven't been some highly important RBs on Super Bowl winning teams, but you can win a Super Bowl with just a good but not great RB, which I think Henry can be in this scheme. We don't NEED a Lev Bell or David Johnson type of RB to get where we want to go. If a guy like that fell into our lap or a mid round draft pick turned into a guy like that, obviously we would be ecstatic and it would definitely be a big boost to the offense but we don't need to chase for a guy like that in the first round.

Marshawyn Lynch & you can say Willie Parker & Jerome Bettis, the yr Pittsburg beat Seattle & Corey Dillion rushes over 1500 yrds the yr the pats beat the Eagles 

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Marshawyn Lynch & you can say Willie Parker & Jerome Bettis, the yr Pittsburg beat Seattle & Corey Dillion rushes over 1500 yrds the yr the pats beat the Eagles 

Jamaal Lewis when the Ravens won it with Dilfer, as well. All those guys were great and definitely important parts of those teams, but when you think of those teams you think of the defenses they had. The teams that haven't had those elite level defenses to win it have had elite level QB play more so than a HOF level RB. Like I said, if a Bell/Johnson type falls to us in the middle rounds of the draft or something like that, it would be a giant boost. But we can win a SB with an RB combo of Henry/whoever is his backup next season. We need to use our early round picks to draft positions that will see a greater impact over the guys we currently have

Now if we didn't have Henry, I think that RB would be a need that we should address as early as the 2nd round, but with Henry, I don't think we would see a big enough leap between him and Guice/Michel type of back. Those 2 are great players and will likely be solid pros, but Henry and a good backup would be more than enough for us to get where we want to get offensively.

4 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I wouldn't chase it either. I'm not saying trade up 15 spots to get him. I'm saying I see him as a top 10 talent, not far from Barkley. If he somehow slips to 25, I would have a hard time passing. The value would be tremendous.

Archived