So who else here remembers when the Pats were the spunky underdogs against the Steelers and Rams in 2002

SuperBowl=best

Did you experience the Pats' 2002 Super Bowl run  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Did you experience the Pats' 2002 Super Bowl run

• Yes, and I remember how everyone was pullin for em since they were underdogs
    • Yes, but I don't remember details
    • Yes, and I would have never thought they'd become a megadynasty
    • No, I wish I did
    • Yes, and I knew they'd turn into a megadynasty. Brady had that it factor that few before him have had
    • No, it seems like ancient history to me
    • Yes, and I remember how 9/11 was still on everyone's mind, plus u2 at halftime
    • Yes, it was such a different world back then since the internet had minimal impact on society
    • No. I was alive and aware, but not a fan of the sport
    • No. I was a fan of the sport, but had no interest since my team wasn't involved.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Tywin Lannister fits you, good choice. 

I'm not confusing two things because your opinion that Spygate only refers to the one infraction is not common knowledge. Maybe you're right and technically that's the way it is, but people use it to refer to everything that happened. You'd think you could get past that on an internet forum without some smug poster pulling out his monocle and reading the fine print. You're using that to avoid the points I gave you, which is probably smart because you had nothing for them. 

The play I gave you was the kickoff. The one the poster brought up before. The one the videographer mentioned. The only kickoff in the entire thread. I don't don't how much clearer I can make it, but I'm definitely not going play by play to give you any more if this is how you avoid the first example. Honestly, I'm probably done in here so don't even worry about it. 

No it's not an opinion. Spygate was the controversy surrounding the Patriots filming signals from an undesignated area in the crowd and not a designated area. That's literally what it is and what it always has been. It's not a maybe I am right. I'm being smug because I went through several posts debating you and not understanding why you kept repeating yourself until I realized where the disconnect was coming from, then explained it to you, and you said it didn't matter. 

No I mean you literally didn't give me a specific play. You said a kickoff was recorded? Which one? What was the audible and what was the adjustment? What was so clever about it that the Patriots couldn't read? That's my point you sounded so sure of your thought that it was unlikely but couldn't provide me with any specifics why...

If you're done bye. 

15 hours ago, JonStark said:

I remember it. I also remember when news broke that they videotaped our walkthrough...

Really cause no one reported “your” walkthrough being filmed at the time. There was, however, the report that  a telescope was used to spy on the Patriots prior to that Super Bowl. A report that was made PRIOR to the Super Bowl and involved league officials spotting the telescope  

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/02/sports/pro-football-notebook-brady-says-ankle-is-fine.html

Do you remember that? A little ironic that the Rams would complain about people spying on practices years after the fact..... maybe Marshal Faulk got a little confused about who was spying...

Amazing that even after all the endless back and forths, people still don't have a grasp on what spygate was and still believe the walk through filming story

The Boston Herald, who wrote the walk through filming story, issued an apology for writing a "false story". The author himself admitted it was bogus. It is the literal definition of "fake news". 

Archived