So who else here remembers when the Pats were the spunky underdogs against the Steelers and Rams in 2002

SuperBowl=best

Did you experience the Pats' 2002 Super Bowl run  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Did you experience the Pats' 2002 Super Bowl run

• Yes, and I remember how everyone was pullin for em since they were underdogs
    • Yes, but I don't remember details
    • Yes, and I would have never thought they'd become a megadynasty
    • No, I wish I did
    • Yes, and I knew they'd turn into a megadynasty. Brady had that it factor that few before him have had
    • No, it seems like ancient history to me
    • Yes, and I remember how 9/11 was still on everyone's mind, plus u2 at halftime
    • Yes, it was such a different world back then since the internet had minimal impact on society
    • No. I was alive and aware, but not a fan of the sport
    • No. I was a fan of the sport, but had no interest since my team wasn't involved.

The Pats were mild dogs vs Pit in the conf ch game, and in it, newbie Tom Brady got injured, leading to vet Drew Bledsoe to finish the game and win it.  But Tom was given the start for the SB where everyone expected the Greatest Show on Turf to win.  That was the first of 8 SBs and counting for BeliBrady.

Are you surprised that NE has taken over sports since then.  No sports team since the 90s Bulls have had so much success.  It's unreal.  They were actually the UDs, and everyone was rootin for em to beat the powerful former champs Stl. How times have changed

Interesting fact: https://twitter.com/BerndBuchmasser/status/955255980597612548

Yeah I remember it and a remembered thinking that Brady was superior to Bledsoe who helped alot in that Steelers game, but they were never going to win the Super Bowl if they rolled with Bledsoe all year. I didn't know Brady would become the GOAT or even really had a chance until 06.

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Ugh. If I only knew what that was going to be the start of. It was shocking because I like a lot of people thought that Rams team was going to be the new dynasty 

Same here, I'd always choose Rams on Madden.  I was sure they'd win.

But during that trophy celebration, TB had that It Guy look, like when Julia Roberts first came on the scene, or Tay Swift.  You just knew there was a new sherriff in town.

I still think the Rams were the better team and win that matchup maybe 8 times out of 10. :)

Not a dominant SB squad, but they had a heck of a postseason. They were fortunate against Oakland with the tuck ruling, then the next week at Pittsburgh they get two special teams touchdowns. Probably win the game anyways because of the four turnovers. 

They owned in the Super Bowl though straight up. Facing the Rams earlier in the year helped. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

I still think the Rams were the better team and win that matchup maybe 8 times out of 10. :)

This argument is a pet peeve of mine, because if you replay anything, it will turn out the same infinitely.  So Stl never beats NE in that SB, NE were the better team.

But yeah, I loved that Ram offense.  I was mad NE won.  Neon Deion predicted them to lose the Conf Ch game, he said "The Brady Bunch is cancelled" lol.  Had all that on tape, but now it's gone :(

Archived