2018 Senior Bowl

Forge

15 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

How do the height numbers work? For example what does 6041 mean for Mason Rudolph?

And why does Baker Mayfield have no information? 

The last digit is just the remainder. So Rudolph is 6 feet, 4 inches and I believe an eighth of an inch? Josh Allen's measurements at 6047 would be 6 feet, 4 inches and 3/4 of an inch. 

Baker has no info because he has yet to show up at the senior bowl. 

I hadn't noticed that Ragnow is on the roster along with Cole.  He'd make a good C for us too, but I think he's going higher than Cole.  Gesicki is 6'5"+ with long arms and big hands.  He might make a nice redzone target if we can't fill that need with a WR.  My preference would be for a WR since I think we're weak at that position.  But I also see a need for a TE.  Kittle is promising but the jury is still out on him for me.  To me Celek is just another body out there.  It's nice that Shanny finally found a way to get him the ball.  But look at what great tight ends have done for other teams.

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I hadn't noticed that Ragnow is on the roster along with Cole.  He'd make a good C for us too, but I think he's going higher than Cole.  Gesicki is 6'5"+ with long arms and big hands.  He might make a nice redzone target if we can't fill that need with a WR.  My preference would be for a WR since I think we're weak at that position.  But I also see a need for a TE.  Kittle is promising for the jury is still out on him for me.  To me Celek is just another body out there.  It's nice that Shanny finally found a way to get him the ball.  But look at what great tight ends have done for other teams.

Problem is that I don't see a great tight end in this class. Some intriguing guys for sure, but I'm more or less just kind of meh on the tight ends as a whole. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Michael Joseph, CB from Dubuque, which I believe is division 3. 

15 int in 3 years including 8 this year (2 games with 3). They say he's about 6'0, 180 pounds. Won defensive player of the year. I really want to see him play up on some big boys during senior bowl week. 

Did you happen to notice Marcus Martin from Slippery Rock (home of our very own Brandon Fusco) playing in the East/West game?  He's the NCAA all-time, all-division sack leader with 15.5 this year and a total of 56 for his career. Also holds the D II record for most career TFLs with 92.5 (26.5 this year).  Was a run-away winner of the Gene Upshaw award as D II lineman of the year. Not big, maybe not fast (I have no idea) but I'd take a shot at a guy with that kind of productivity even if it was at the D II level.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Problem is that I don't see a great tight end in this class. Some intriguing guys for sure, but I'm more or less just kind of meh on the tight ends as a whole. 

He isn't a Sr and is thus not at the Sr Bowl, but check out Mark Andrews! The guy found/or was in the endzone a very high percentage of the time when thrown to...

53 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

He isn't a Sr and is thus not at the Sr Bowl, but check out Mark Andrews! The guy found/or was in the endzone a very high percentage of the time when thrown to...

He's a solid prospect, nothing that I get super excited about though. 

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

I agree.  I mentioned Gesicki because I'm focusing now on guys I might be itnterested in a bit lower down in the draft. I think guys like him and Ragnow and Cole and Scott would be nice guys to look at once we get past the first two rounds.

That's why I like Gesicki as well. I'm fine with throwing something like a 5th at a tight end and trying to develop him. I just don't see anyone in the first 2-3 rounds that comes in and immediately provides an upgrade even over Celek to be perfectly honest, though I may be understating a rookie TE's inclusion in the game plan. 

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

Did you happen to notice Marcus Martin from Slippery Rock (home of our very own Brandon Fusco) playing in the East/West game?  He's the NCAA all-time, all-division sack leader with 15.5 this year and a total of 56 for his career. Also holds the D II record for most career TFLs with 92.5 (26.5 this year).  Was a run-away winner of the Gene Upshaw award as D II lineman of the year. Not big, maybe not fast (I have no idea) but I'd take a shot at a guy with that kind of productivity even if it was at the D II level.

Didn't he catch a TD pass? I think he's received the Bruce Miller treatment. Great college defensive player, all time sack leader, but converted to full back because of physical limitations. I think Mayock said he has short arms and scouts don't believe he has a future on defense in the NFL. Or maybe they were talking about someone else. 

Archived