Alex Smith to Washington!

FireVanceJoseph

Not getting my hopes up for Rosen, but I'm glad our front office views him as favorably as they do. I honestly think the reason why he isn't talked about much relative to Darnold, Allen and Mayfield is fatigue. He was hailed a future #1 overall pick after his first game in college. Between a couple injuries and UCLA tanking in its last two years under Mora there was a lot of time for a few "next big things" to pop up and replace him. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Not getting my hopes up for Rosen, but I'm glad our front office views him as favorably as they do. I honestly think the reason why he isn't talked about much relative to Darnold, Allen and Mayfield is fatigue. He was hailed a future #1 overall pick after his first game in college. Between a couple injuries and UCLA tanking in its last two years under Mora there was a lot of time for a few "next big things" to pop up and replace him. 

I love Rosen so special and fluid. Really think he makes everyone better too. Beat usc this year.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I love Rosen so special and fluid. Really think he makes everyone better too. Beat usc this year.

Almost. :(

He did show how special he was in that game though. The talent disparity between UCLA and USC this year was as dramatic as it's been in many years and Rosen gave them all they could handle in the Coliseum. 

Just now, FireVanceJoseph said:

Uh...Colin Cowherd just said Denver and Cousins are close to a deal....Most likely wrong since its CC but still funny. lol

Better hope not - you guys would get blasted with tampering discipline lol. 

3 minutes ago, FireVanceJoseph said:

So Washington didn't tamper with Smith when they were negotiating his extension before the trade? A lot of things can happen. Still completely doubt its true but would be funny.

No, Smith wasn't a free agent nor on the franchise tag, so extensions can be discussed any time unless they are on the tag.  The contract just wouldn't be finalized until the new league year. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

It's not tampering if Washington allows contact, is it? 

As far as I know it would be. Cousins is a free agent. Washington has no say in it so far as I know. I could 100% be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

Just now, Forge said:

No, Smith wasn't a free agent nor on the franchise tag, so extensions can be discussed any time (49ers and Jimmy G have been talking extension this entire time). The contract just wouldn't be finalized until the new league year. 

Washington could allow Denver and Cousins to talk. Its not really that far out there in the realm of possibilities. I just doubt it because of the source. 

Just now, FireVanceJoseph said:

Washington could allow Denver and Cousins to talk. Its not really that far out there in the realm of possibilities. I just doubt it because of the source. 

Yeah, I don't know how that all works. I'm confused now lol. I thought it was, but maybe Washington does have a say in it. Soooooo many rules lol

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't know how that all works. I'm confused now lol. I thought it was, but maybe Washington does have a say in it. Soooooo many rules lol

He's still technically a Redskin right now. Contract doesn't end until the new league year starts. Denver can talk with him and work out a deal. Washington signs him to that deal and then flips him to Denver for some random pick. Probably a 3rd.

Archived