Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

And this is precisely why so many athletes end up broke. There is no earthly reason to spend $206k on a depreciating asset. 

yeah... the first money Ev spent was to buy his mother a house, so at lest he did that right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

And this is precisely why so many athletes end up broke. There is no earthly reason to spend $206k on a depreciating asset. 

A lack of wise financial planning certainly can lead to well paid athletes going broke, but you'd be hard pressed to find a good budget that doesn't include a percentage allocated to spending like that (vacations, parties, cars, etc.). $206k is a drop in the bucket of what Griffen made - a tiny percentage of a vast sum - and totally within reason if it's part of a calculated plan that makes sure his future finances are intact. I have no idea if Griffen is good with money, but that $206k car alone does not mean that he is or isn't good with money.

• Like 3

This article dives into the stories of some of the youngest players ever drafted into the NFL, examining their careers from early beginnings to current status. 

Danielle Hunter, LB, Minnesota Vikings (2015 NFL Draft)

20 years, 6 months

Danielle Hunter was drafted at 20 years old into the NFL by the Minnesota Vikings in 2015. As a defensive end, he quickly became known for his athleticism, setting records as the youngest player to achieve 50 career sacks. Despite his youth, Hunter’s stellar performance earned him numerous awards and four Pro Bowl selections. After eight seasons with the Vikings, he signed a two-year deal with the Houston Texans in March 2024.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/05/22/nfl-draft-youngest-players-ever

• Like 1

Micah Parsons: “Honestly, me and Zim have probably said a total of 20 words together. He’s a very quiet person. All I keep hearing from the coaches, ‘Zim likes it like this.’ Well, I like it this way. So I can’t wait to sit down with him because that would be pretty cool. Obviously, old school mindset, old school mentality. You know I think he’s had a lot of great players but he ain’t ever had a Micah.”

“Obviously, some things I’ve got to get used to, too. You know it’s going to be a compromising relationship.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/micah-parsons-mike-zimmer-have-some-work-to-do-to-get-on-the-same-page

Parsons also said yesterday in two years he intends to be the highest paid non-qb in the league.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Who? Kevin who?

Aaah, I remember...and those who said we erred in letting him go. I much prefer KOC.

I like them both fairly equally.  Based on the chaos surrounding the Browns over the last couple of years, there's absolutely been no coach that was better suited to handle it then Stefanski.  You can't forget that he also had to deal with 5 starting QBs last year...and made the playoffs doing so, unlike KOC...and in a far tougher conference to do so.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Based on the chaos surrounding the Browns over the last couple of years, there's absolutely been no coach that was better suited to handle it then Stefanski. 

Errr.. he is at least partly responsible for some of that chaos, in choosing a sketchy starting QB to "lead" the team.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Errr.. he is at least partly responsible for some of that chaos, in choosing a sketchy starting QB to "lead" the team.

He had input, but he certainly wasn't in charge of acquiring such QB. Knowing what I know, that's probably 75% the owner making that decision.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s probably a conservative estimate 

I started out at about 90%, but went conservative to try and give the owner a little benefit of the doubt.😉