Sean McVay named Coach of the Year

RamRod

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll go on record thinking Pederson should have won it, but it's really not that big of a deal since McVay did an amazing job this season. The future is bright in LA (for one team at least).

And if record was the only criteria he might have won it. But McVay took a 4-12 team with what nearly everybody on this forum was calling a bust of a QB and a wasted top 10 pick at RB and turned them from the worst offense in the NFL by a long shot, and over the past 5+ years as well, and made them the top scoring team in the league and a division champ. Congrats on Pederson getting 6 more wins from the previous year and helping his team get better. McVay did as much if not more and with less getting the Rams 7 more wins and a division title.

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll go on record thinking Pederson should have won it, but it's really not that big of a deal since McVay did an amazing job this season. The future is bright in LA (for one team at least).

No way. The Eagles started last season 5-0 I think with Wentz not throwing a pick then Johnson got suspended which we know the team struggled. When Johnson came back the Eagles started winning again and Wentz started playing well again. The Rams 3-1 start last season was fluky and that was without Goff.

My point is, people had good if not great expectations for the Eagles. The Rams expectations were ok at best. What McVay did was unexpected and historical at the same time. So McVay should’ve won it. Plus if you look at the Redskins offense this year and how they suffered losing McVay plus how great the Rams offense was with McVay this season, his impact can be easily seen. That’s coach of the year. 

Any Eagles fan arguing that this should come down to a head to head matchup needs his head examined. The award encompasses so much more than that.

The award this year basically came down to the timing of the votes.

If you close up the voting at the end of the regular season (which they do), I think McVay is the clear choice based on what he did to turn this team around.

If you continue voting through the playoffs (which they dont), I think Pederson is the clear choice based on how he adjusted the game plan after his starting QB went down late in the season, kept his players focused and hungry, and kept the teams momentum heading into the playoffs and superbowl.

Archived