Let’s say Bell is gone...

AFF

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Trading Bryant is only a smart decision if we get the right offer.  Ill take one year of Bryant and a 4th round comp in 2020 than trading him straight up for a 4th or 5th rd pick in 2018 

That's a fair statement. In regards to Le'Veon Bell though I think it does more good to trade him if we can't reach a long-term deal simply because with the money we would be saving we could altimate Lee sign perhaps a big need in free agency that would help us in the long term because the reality is whether people want to face this reality or not more than likely in 2019 Le'Veon Bell will be playing for someone else

Just now, wwhickok said:

That's a fair statement. In regards to Le'Veon Bell though I think it does more good to trade him if we can't reach a long-term deal simply because with the money we would be saving we could altimate Lee sign perhaps a big need in free agency that would help us in the long term because the reality is whether people want to face this reality or not more than likely in 2019 Le'Veon Bell will be playing for someone else

I am 100% on board with trading Bell.  I just dont think it will happen.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I am 100% on board with trading Bell.  I just dont think it will happen.

I agree with you you're not going to hear an argument in that regard from me I don't think it will happen either I think it's what needs to happen if they don't find a long-term deal but I don't think it's realistic at all to expect it to happen

With them franchising Bell, they’re roughly $7-8 mill over the cap.

BTW without knowing the Seahawks cap situation, think they’d give up their 2nd rounder for Bell? They have a habit of dealing draft picks.

14 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

With them franchising Bell, they’re roughly $7-8 mill over the cap.

BTW without knowing the Seahawks cap situation, think they’d give up their 2nd rounder for Bell? They have a habit of dealing draft picks.

They have $11 mil in space with 7 key players as FA's, 18 overall FA's.  They might be in a worse spot than us.

All I know is that they also need to render Boswell if not give a long term deal. Counting rookie draft class and the $2 mill or so they like having for in season moves they are at about $18 mill or so they need to clear for just basic moves...even before signing any free agents.

Going to be a very interesting week.

29 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

I would imagine Mitchell and Wilcox would be the first to find the unemployment line (at least I hope)

If Mitchell isnt cut, someone in the front office needs to be fired immediately. 

5 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Honestly feel 1 of Mitchell or Wilcox are brought back as a stopgap type placeholder next year...I hope not obviously.

Not at those prices they better not, there are plenty of stopgaps available for cheaper I'm sure. I'll take my chances even on a rookie before I pay either one of those two

15 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

Not at those prices they better not, there are plenty of stopgaps available for cheaper I'm sure. I'll take my chances even on a rookie before I pay either one of those two

Just the Steelers M.O. 

Theyll want a guy who knows the system if they plan on drafting a S high...or as we hope they’ll go get an upgrade in FA.

With at least 1 of Gay/Sensabaugh  likely gone, my guess is they won’t completely gut the veteran depth on the team...again not my preference but just the way the Steelers do things.

13 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Just the Steelers M.O. 

Theyll want a guy who knows the system if they plan on drafting a S high...or as we hope they’ll go get an upgrade in FA.

With at least 1 of Gay/Sensabaugh  likely gone, my guess is they won’t completely gut the veteran depth on the team...again not my preference but just the way the Steelers do things.

My guess is Mitchell, Gay, and Sensabaugh will be gone. You have Haden for veteran leadership 

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

My guess is Mitchell, Gay, and Sensabaugh will be gone. You have Haden for veteran leadership 

I'd guess Wilcox Sensabaugh and Mitchell. Keep Gay because he has been cross trained at Safety to my knowledge slightly and knows the defense from multiple positions. And oh yeah, keeps his mouth shut. 

5 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

I'd guess Wilcox Sensabaugh and Mitchell. Keep Gay because he has been cross trained at Safety to my knowledge slightly and knows the defense from multiple positions. And oh yeah, keeps his mouth shut. 

While I understand that about Gay, he has 0 speed.

Archived