For Fun!! Predict compensation for Kirk Cousins Tag & Trade deal & team.

aceinthehouse

49 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I was reading from another Redskins' source, where the expectation was similar to my thinking. The expectation that the team and Cousins would already have a deal hammered out with a specific team of Kirk's choosing (that wanted him, of course). If that arrangement could be hammered out? then the Redskins would do what was necessary to tag and trade him.. and by that, I mean producing the cap room to facilitate the tag and then trade. Easy cuts to be made, existing contracts restructured, etc. 

Agreed 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I was reading from another Redskins' source, where the expectation was similar to my thinking. The expectation that the team and Cousins would already have a deal hammered out with a specific team of Kirk's choosing (that wanted him, of course). If that arrangement could be hammered out? then the Redskins would do what was necessary to tag and trade him.. and by that, I mean producing the cap room to facilitate the tag and then trade. Easy cuts to be made, existing contracts restructured, etc. 

If they can do it, then its a good thing. It goes back to my stance that Kirk isn't going to sign that tag unless he has control over where he goes.

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

If they can do it, then its a good thing. It goes back to my stance that Kirk isn't going to sign that tag unless he has control over where he goes.

Do you truly believe every team that's interested in Kirk won't even ask for what we are asking for him?.

like I don't see one team not even calling at all.

Broncos,Vikings,Jaguars,Jets, cardinals , browns . I all see calling us with atleast asking . And that's kirks options ,

17 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Do you truly believe every team that's interested in Kirk won't even ask for what we are asking for him?.

like I don't see one team not even calling at all.

Broncos,Vikings,Jaguars,Jets, cardinals , browns . I all see calling us with atleast asking . And that's kirks options ,

1) Will need to be at least two teams. Running with one team increases your risk profile. Because that team could back out. You need the threat of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) that a 2nd team provides. 

2) It HAS to be done prior to him getting the tag. Once we tag him, the asking price for a trade from another team goes down with each passing day. 

3) Yup. Those are Kirk's options if they come calling. Now...which one(s) will he agree to a LTD with? That's the question.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

1) Will need to be at least two teams. Running with one team increases your risk profile. Because that team could back out. You need the threat of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) that a 2nd team provides. 

2) It HAS to be done prior to him getting the tag. Once we tag him, the asking price for a trade from another team goes down with each passing day. 

3) Yup. Those are Kirk's options if they come calling. Now...which one(s) will he agree to a LTD with? That's the question.

I think its worth the risk either we win and trade cousins or Allen is fired .

to me I think it's very much worth it. Instead of cousins leaving and Allen stays at Gm .

sickening .

Why would Kirk help us and sign a tag, when he can do nothing and have multiple teams come groveling to his feet offering him millions of dollars and he gets to choose his favorite. Let’s say Cousins wants to play for the Broncos. He could a) sign a tag, get traded to them diminishing his new team’s resources, and sign a contract with them as his only suitor; b) do nothing, play the market, and then sign with them for maybe a better deal because they’re afraid he’s gonna sign for a mystery team. 

It nakes no sense guys. Never has, never will

2 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Why would Kirk help us and sign a tag, when he can do nothing and have multiple teams come groveling to his feet offering him millions of dollars and he gets to choose his favorite. Let’s say Cousins wants to play for the Broncos. He could a) sign a tag, get traded to them diminishing his new team’s resources, and sign a contract with them as his only suitor; b) do nothing, play the market, and then sign with them for maybe a better deal because they’re afraid he’s gonna sign for a mystery team. 

It nakes no sense guys. Never has, never will

I mean I doubt a second rounder gonna kill any of these teams . And the cap space opens up more next season . 

I don't think he hates the redskins I think he just wants to get paid more than what we offered . 

Even so he would be hurting the redsmins players that are currently on the roster . They wanna win to and get paid . For cousins to do that means this was all about him. The FO sucks but don't hold these hard working players from winning games .

22 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I mean I doubt a second rounder gonna kill any of these teams . And the cap space opens up more next season . 

Huh? A 2nd rounder is considered a starting quality player.

Even so he would be hurting the redsmins players that are currently on the roster . They wanna win to and get paid . For cousins to do that means this was all about him. The FO sucks but don't hold these hard working players from winning games .

Why would Cousins want to help another team (which the Redskins will be at this point)?

And the longer Cousins rejects signing the tag, the less amount of teams he has to negotiate with.

Who's gonna sit around and wait for him.

the 49ers sure didn't.

He will be tagged, he will sign and he will be traded.

The more teams involved & interested in him, the higher the compensation will be.

and I'm betting there's at least 4, that want him.

And as many as 10 total.

I don't think we'll get it, but I wouldn't be floored if we got a 1st rd pick out of this deal. (presuming he was willing to sign a LTD with traded team)

It could happen.

*Bruce Allen Walks Into Redskins Park and sees Kirk Cousins*

Bruce: Hey Kurt, good to see you around. Mind coming into my office for a little.

Kirk: Hey, id really prefer not to. I have to get all the stuff out of my locker and into my weird 1970s van.

Bruce: Cmon Kurt it will only take a second

Kirk: Ugh ok

*Proceeds to Office*

Bruce: So I’m going to shoot it with you straight Kurt, we’ve been fielding a lot of calls and it looks like the Jets are willing to trade a 2nd round pick for you. I’ve been checking Mia Khalifa’s Instagram followers and it seems like there’s several guy that would look great in a Redskins uniform

Kirk: ...

Bruce: Anyways Kurt if you can just sign on the bottom line here quickly you can be on your way, and I’ll hurry over to our winning off the field party presented by Subway. Just today you can get a free sandwich if you purchase a large drink, cookie, chips and a sandwich.

Kirk: Yeah that’s more than a regular meal...Anyways I’ll be heading to Cleveland to form an Elway/Sharpe type partnership with David Njoku. See ya.

Bruce: Damn, I guess I’ll just send the unsigned papers over to the league office, what’s the worst that can happen

*Scene*

I like this...

Bruce: Kurt, I believe were going to Franchise you & field trade offers from teams around the league. We've taken steps CAP wise to roster both you & Alex Smith, but we would prefer to trade you to a team of your liking.

Kirk: I've said a 1000 times, I want to be a free agent, so I can choose my destination!

Bruce: Kurt, you're going to GET to choose your team, we just want to get some compensation for you. This team deserves to be rewarded from your departure. But we also want you to be happy and to go where you choose.

Kirk: I'm not signing that tag! I'll sit out for as long as I need too!!

Bruce: That's fine Kurt, but you'll be benched behind both Alex & Colt. Are you sure you want this public relations nightmare? A Player only about money? You wont be able to get a job at your local Starbucks, after your career is over.

Kirk: I want to go to the Broncos!

Bruce: Well Kurtis, they only want to offer you a 3 yr deal--100 Million--50 Million guaranteed.

Kirk : Ok...Anyone offering more, since I don't know & not allowed to talk to them?

Bruce: Well certainly Kurt Cobain! The Jets have offered you a 5 yr deal--150M--100M guaranteed. That's 30M a year, Kurt. Don't you want to know, what they are offering us in compensation?

Kirk: Don't know, don't care! Where's your pen?

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Huh? A 2nd rounder is considered a starting quality player.

Why would Cousins want to help another team (which the Redskins will be at this point)?

I doubt he's gonna think that way . Many fans keep assuming Kirk hates the redskins . If anything his agent has the beef with Allen . 

a second rounder is good for teams that " NEED " a QB and still can use there first for something else . Like come on a second rounder on a multi year deal for a probowl qb is a good bargain. It saves them the trouble of drafting one in the top ten .

I look at it more like the receiving team asking these questions.

Is a day 2 pick worth more to me than a proven QB that will make all of us feel like we are really going to compete this year? 

With so few quality QBotF options ready to start, do I really feel like gambling that a team with more resources outbids us for the only one with some real longevity available?

All for a day 2 pick thrown in? 

.. and then the Redskins can ask themselves,

Is it really worth the gamble to tag him and fight for that day 2 pick? 

Tell ya, I'm not losing any sleep over the will they or won't they game here. Only that it's of minor interest in an otherwise interest-lacking past couple of weeks. I can see the reasons to or not to, but if they can tag, make some calls, and then rescind if nothing pans out? then I ask, why not? 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I look at it more like the receiving team asking these questions.

Is a day 2 pick worth more to me than a proven QB that will make all of us feel like we are really going to compete this year? 

With so few quality QBotF options ready to start, do I really feel like gambling that a team with more resources outbids us for the only one with some real longevity available?

All for a day 2 pick thrown in? 

.. and then the Redskins can ask themselves,

Is it really worth the gamble to tag him and fight for that day 2 pick? 

Tell ya, I'm not losing any sleep over the will they or won't they game here. Only that it's of minor interest in an otherwise interest-lacking past couple of weeks. I can see the reasons to or not to, but if they can tag, make some calls, and then rescind if nothing pans out? then I ask, why not? 

Here's the thing ,I'm sure cousins knows it might take time with a team like Denver or the jets .itd just be his first year there with more room of improvement . The cap space increases as well and by year two of cousins era with that new team can be improved .

and hey! Yes a qb can make a team competitive .

Archived