BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Louisiana Rookie Report:

1st Round:

QB Sam Darnold  - Has been impressive the last 3 weeks and appears to be figuring things out. Less risky passes, finding his check-downs and sustaining drives. Considering he's only 21 and the offense around him will only get better, looks like he's got a very bright future. 

QB Josh Allen - For as much of a project as he's been touted to be, he's done a decent job. The legs have been a surprise obviously and if he can develop into a QB that resembles Newton, that would be a pretty good result. He has a lot of room for growth and considering he's playing on arguably the worst offense in the league outside of QB, I can't complain. 

CB Josh Jackson - Overshadowed by Jaire Alexander, he's had a pretty quiet rookie campaign. He's playing plenty of snaps which is great, but hasn't been impactful. Should lock down a spot as a starter next year and we'll hopefully see this ball skills come to the fore. 

4th Round:

WR Equanimeous St. Brown - Looks like he's the no.3/no.4 WR for the Packers this year, and will be competing for a starting spot next year. Always was going to be a bit of a slow start given he was drafted in the 6th round for some reason, but with over 300 yards on the year and some big plays, I think there's reason o be optomistic. 

UDFAs:

RB Nyheim Hines - Near 700 total yards, with 60 catches on the year he's proving to be a reliable receiver out of the backfield long-term looks like a James White type player who'll be able to contribute in more ways than one, but will be that guy that seems to always get the first down or get that 6-7 yard catch in the flats.

RB Trenton Cannon - Meh.

WR Damion Ratley - lol.

WR Robert Foster - Happy to get him so late as he's actually gone over 500 receiving yards. Him and Jones are the best of a pretty sorry bunch, but given they're in their 1st and 2nd years respectively things should only get better going forward as Allen improves and they develop familiarity. He could be a flash in the pan, but his measurables are intriguing and maybe he just needed the opportunities. 

TE Christopher Herndon IV - Another shrewd pick-up on waivers, Herndon is looking like a future stud at TE with 500 yards & 4TDs on the year and his chemistry with Darnold only getting better by the game. Looks to be a great back-up for Ertz in the future with starter potential in two TE sets. 

TE Jordan Thomas - Has been grabbing TDs and a few catches here and there. Not sure if he'll be a big part of the Texans offense going forward, but I guess it's a pretty good season for a 6th round TE all things considered. 

OT Jordan Mailata, OT Joseph Noteboom, C Brian Allen - These guys were all picked up for the future given they're behind some vets nearing retirement on teams with great coaching staffs. 

LB Foyesade Oluokun - Now starting for the Falcons and low key is approaching the 100 tackle mark on the year. By all accounts he's held his own and should provide some good, cheap depth for years to come. 

CB J.C. Jackson - Outside of Herndon, he's the pick of the UDFAs. Really impressed with how he's been playing as the CB2/CB3 for New England, pretty much picking up straight where Butler left off. Playing the majority of snaps, getting his hands on passes and even coming away with picks.

CB Greg Stroman - Inconsistent snap counts, but overall has played a fair bit for a 6th round rookie. With Norman being a cap casualty to come for Washington, and no other established corners on the roster, he's got a chance to lock down a starting spot in future years. 

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Looking back for as young as it was, I fielded a pretty damned good defense this year.

Took me a little longer to get behind your QB situation but that was arguably the top defense in the leauge.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Took me a little longer to get behind your QB situation but that was arguably the top defense in the leauge.

QB situation really ruined my year. Had I committed more to a bidding war for Rivers I think I would've been a contender. 

30 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Louisiana Rookie Report:

1st Round:

QB Sam Darnold  - Has been impressive the last 3 weeks and appears to be figuring things out. Less risky passes, finding his check-downs and sustaining drives. Considering he's only 21 and the offense around him will only get better, looks like he's got a very bright future. 

QB Josh Allen - For as much of a project as he's been touted to be, he's done a decent job. The legs have been a surprise obviously and if he can develop into a QB that resembles Newton, that would be a pretty good result. He has a lot of room for growth and considering he's playing on arguably the worst offense in the league outside of QB, I can't complain. 

CB Josh Jackson - Overshadowed by Jaire Alexander, he's had a pretty quiet rookie campaign. He's playing plenty of snaps which is great, but hasn't been impactful. Should lock down a spot as a starter next year and we'll hopefully see this ball skills come to the fore. 

4th Round:

WR Equanimeous St. Brown - Looks like he's the no.3/no.4 WR for the Packers this year, and will be competing for a starting spot next year. Always was going to be a bit of a slow start given he was drafted in the 6th round for some reason, but with over 300 yards on the year and some big plays, I think there's reason o be optomistic. 

UDFAs:

RB Nyheim Hines - Near 700 total yards, with 60 catches on the year he's proving to be a reliable receiver out of the backfield long-term looks like a James White type player who'll be able to contribute in more ways than one, but will be that guy that seems to always get the first down or get that 6-7 yard catch in the flats.

RB Trenton Cannon - Meh.

WR Damion Ratley - lol.

WR Robert Foster - Happy to get him so late as he's actually gone over 500 receiving yards. Him and Jones are the best of a pretty sorry bunch, but given they're in their 1st and 2nd years respectively things should only get better going forward as Allen improves and they develop familiarity. He could be a flash in the pan, but his measurables are intriguing and maybe he just needed the opportunities. 

TE Christopher Herndon IV - Another shrewd pick-up on waivers, Herndon is looking like a future stud at TE with 500 yards & 4TDs on the year and his chemistry with Darnold only getting better by the game. Looks to be a great back-up for Ertz in the future with starter potential in two TE sets. 

TE Jordan Thomas - Has been grabbing TDs and a few catches here and there. Not sure if he'll be a big part of the Texans offense going forward, but I guess it's a pretty good season for a 6th round TE all things considered. 

OT Jordan Mailata, OT Joseph Noteboom, C Brian Allen - These guys were all picked up for the future given they're behind some vets nearing retirement on teams with great coaching staffs. 

LB Foyesade Oluokun - Now starting for the Falcons and low key is approaching the 100 tackle mark on the year. By all accounts he's held his own and should provide some good, cheap depth for years to come. 

CB J.C. Jackson - Outside of Herndon, he's the pick of the UDFAs. Really impressed with how he's been playing as the CB2/CB3 for New England, pretty much picking up straight where Butler left off. Playing the majority of snaps, getting his hands on passes and even coming away with picks.

CB Greg Stroman - Inconsistent snap counts, but overall has played a fair bit for a 6th round rookie. With Norman being a cap casualty to come for Washington, and no other established corners on the roster, he's got a chance to lock down a starting spot in future years. 

Mailata has so much potential man. 

Just now, Jlash said:

QB situation really ruined my year. Had I committed more to a bidding war for Rivers I think I would've been a contender. 

You could’ve traded for Cousins and we both would’ve made the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

People's asking prices for QB's (aside from Mike) are absolutely absurd at this point. 

A top 16 pick for a QB of Cousins caliber seems adequate. As Rivers showed this week even the top guys have issues occasionally.

Is Cousins really valuable in the BDL? He beats up on crap teams in the NFL and comes up short against good teams, where for NFL purposes every BDL team would be a good D. Truth be told he's not a great deal better than Alex Smith, who Jlash already has. 

Edited by WFLukic

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Is Cousins really valuable in the BDL? He beats up on crap teams in the NFL and comes up short against good teams, where for NFL purposes every BDL team would be a good D. Truth be told he's not a great deal better than Alex Smith, who Jlash already has. 

He led my team to a final four appearance last year. He’s a considerable upgrade from Smith.

EDIT: Give him weapons and protection and you can say we have a vertical offense. Can you say the same with Smith?

Edited by MD4L

Shoutout to Chester Rogers on the GW TD today, former 11th round CMD selection. Having a breakout season, 4 years late. 

EDIT: LMAO, it was Da'Rick Rogers not Chester that got drafted. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He led my team to a final four appearance last year. He’s a considerable upgrade from Smith.

EDIT: Give him weapons and protection and you can say we have a vertical offense. Can you say the same with Smith?

Eh. You have a vertical offense but it doesn't really stop him from coming up short in big matches. He's the king of garbage time stats. What does Kirk do much better than Andy Dalton then? 

You making the final 4 is more about how good the team you built was than Cousins.