TCMD - Suggestions and Feedback

ny92mike

48 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Any ideas on restructures and extensions?  Are you guys good with the max 3.  I wouldn't want to go over that amount but if you guys have ideas on actual criteria for who is allowed to be have their contracts altered, that would be awesome.  I know that there were a few gm's that wanted to be able to extend a contract but couldn't because the current criteria prevented it.

I'd like to take a look at how eligibility for extensions is determined. Bengals should have been able to offer Geno Atkins an extension. 

I think a longer contract needs to have a SB as a % of the total package.  As the length goes up, the SB....as a % of the total contract value usually does as well.

Offering a 2 year deal with a total SB of $2.5M  vs a 4 year deal with the same SB would rarely happen IRL.  Players would generally take the shorter deal in order to get another shot at a contract.  

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think a longer contract needs to have a SB as a % of the total package.  As the length goes up, the SB....as a % of the total contract value usually does as well.

Offering a 2 year deal with a total SB of $2.5M  vs a 4 year deal with the same SB would rarely happen IRL.  Players would generally take the shorter deal in order to get another shot at a contract.  

I would like to play around with the workbooks to see how the % of SB should increase as the length of the contract does as well.  I thought I saw something a while back somewhere that the % of guaranteed $$ on most NFL contracts is somewhere around 25-40%.  

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I would like to play around with the workbooks to see how the % of SB should increase as the length of the contract does as well.  I thought I saw something a while back somewhere that the % of guaranteed $$ on most NFL contracts is somewhere around 25-40%.  

You can go to OTC and look by position

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

You can go to OTC and look by position

Does is give total guaranteed or SB as the %?

Unless TCMD is going to include other parts of the contract as guaranteed, then using SB as a comparison to the total of guaranteed is an apples vs oranges comparison.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Does is give total guaranteed or SB as the %?

Unless TCMD is going to include other parts of the contract as guaranteed, then using SB as a comparison to the total of guaranteed is an apples vs oranges comparison.

It gives guaranteed.  I know Mike has been working on doing guaranteed %.  IIRC he just ran out of time this year.

It was I was trying to do when I screwed the pooch on Solder & Fuller contracts.  I was trying to figure out how to guarantee about 4 years of the deal while giving the players their preferred length.  IIRC I had the years correct, but the manner in which the $$$ was paid got a little screwy (or a lot screwy... and then I just ran out of time)

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

For free agents the current set up doesn't require any signing bonus if the team doesn't want to apply it, where as an extension does require you to provide the signing bonus greater than or equal to the players asking price.

The percentage of the SB is calculated already, so just making it a requirement to meet that number when offering a contract would work, right?

4 hours ago, jch1911 said:

It gives guaranteed.  I know Mike has been working on doing guaranteed %.  IIRC he just ran out of time this year.

It was I was trying to do when I screwed the pooch on Solder & Fuller contracts.  I was trying to figure out how to guarantee about 4 years of the deal while giving the players their preferred length.  IIRC I had the years correct, but the manner in which the $$$ was paid got a little screwy (or a lot screwy... and then I just ran out of time)

The problem I have with it is that it has no bearing on the actual cap.  Base salary guarantees aren't added into the cap number so in this setting it would just be something everyone offered just to show a greater guaranteed amount.  

35 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

For those that are running this mock with a sub forum war room.  Is there anything that we can provide either in the way of scheduling or workbooks that would make your job easier and that could bring more members into the discussion?

It would be awesome if the subforum WAR ROOM thread could be restricted to only those that are granted access.  It would be ideal to be able to discuss FA targets, draft targets openly without other teams being able to view them.  That is a Webby things beyond your control.  

I think being able to discuss more things there would potentially increase other participation.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

It would be awesome if the subforum WAR ROOM thread could be restricted to only those that are granted access.  It would be ideal to be able to discuss FA targets, draft targets openly without other teams being able to view them.  That is a Webby things beyond your control.  

I think being able to discuss more things there would potentially increase other participation.

Mods of the subforum have the ability to create group conversations to house private discussions.  Now whether that's something they would do or not is something you'd have to take up with your team moderator.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

For someone like Glennon, does he drop 10% per round after being released or does he start with a 30% discount on him?

They go into the UFA with the discount currently being applied to all the UFA.  The only thing that changed from last year is that if you release a player, your team must wait 3 rounds of bidding before he'll show up on your list again to resign.

Archived