The Official 2018 Steelers Forum Combine Thread

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

MyVegas take away from the combine is that the Steelers better get their run defense situated in a damn hurry because when Cleveland selects saquon Barkley they are going to have what will become one of the best running backs in the league

Me thinks they go Josh Allen #1.  He's really showing it today.

For us, I wish we didn't take Dobbs last year.  Falk and Benkert are looking really good.

Just now, warfelg said:

Me thinks they go Josh Allen #1.  He's really showing it today.

For us, I wish we didn't take Dobbs last year.  Falk and Benkert are looking really good.

I'm curious about your QB evals as Falk has been bad.  LJ has easily looked better than both yet you're saying he struggled?

Just now, Armsteeld2 said:

I'm curious about your QB evals as Falk has been bad.  LJ has easily looked better than both yet you're saying he struggled?

Jackson's throws weren't all clean.  You could see him counting his steps.  Falk's drops were cleaner.  Spun the ball well.

I got 1 1st round QB, 2 Bridge round (picks 25-40) QBs.  Josh Allen is my only 1st round QB.  Darnold and Mayfield as my Bridge QB's.  Allen has the arm and everything you can measure.  It all comes down to what you think about his games against FBS talent and decision making.  Darnold has footwork issues.  It's a complete mess and needs re-worked.  Also has ball security issues.  Mayfield is a winner but he has size questions about if you think he can overcome that.

I'm not drafting Jackson as a QB.  Career best comp% was 57%, for every wow play he had 2 duds.  Struggles a lot with shorter throws.

Just now, warfelg said:

Jackson's throws weren't all clean.  You could see him counting his steps.  Falk's drops were cleaner.  Spun the ball well.

I got 1 1st round QB, 2 Bridge round (picks 25-40) QBs.  Josh Allen is my only 1st round QB.  Darnold and Mayfield as my Bridge QB's.  Allen has the arm and everything you can measure.  It all comes down to what you think about his games against FBS talent and decision making.  Darnold has footwork issues.  It's a complete mess and needs re-worked.  Also has ball security issues.  Mayfield is a winner but he has size questions about if you think he can overcome that.

I'm not drafting Jackson as a QB.  Career best comp% was 57%, for every wow play he had 2 duds.  Struggles a lot with shorter throws.

You present a biased or double standard in your QB analysis if Allen is your only first round QB.  Allen's completion percentage is similar to LJ.  LJ also has around 4,000 rushing yards.

The reason I’m not producing a double standard is to me LJs throws are sub par. He throws too many ducks. Allen does not. His throws all look sharp. 

A few years ago there was another guy at QB I said the same thing about and I was told how crazy I was because the guy had rushing yards and balled out. That discussion was Teddy Bridgwater vs Derek Carr. 

14 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I'm not the best when it comes to QBs so I can't disagree.

I’m not great with QBs but got a good feel. My biggest miss is Bortles. Russ Huss made me look like a smart man. 

Archived