Corey Clement

WeaponX

This man deserves his own thread. He might be the answer at RB going forward. Love how much he improved over the course of the season. It looks like he lost a lot of bad weight before the season. Definitely looked faster than he was at Wisconsin. 

Definitely deserves a bigger role. Very impressive rookie season. In camp all I heard was how Clement didn't fit because he struggled to catch the ball then a couple months later and the guy is the best receiving back on the team. 

Amazing to think Corey Clement lead the Eagles in receiving yards in SB LII. Has any rookie UDFA ever done that before? 

Great find by the front office. His best years seem like they’re yet to come. He seems to always gain positive yardage, and has a great ability to keep his balance while slipping out of tackles. 

914328680-super-bowl-lii-philadelphia-ea

The thing I like about Corey is that there's no wasted movement. Maybe he doesn't have the best top-end speed or make the quickest cuts, but this dude is always at 100% and moving up field. He doesn't bounce around or try to get fancy. He gets the ball, he runs. It sounds simple, but too many runningbacks think they're little ballerinas and end up hurting the team. Blount does that sometimes. 

Very pleasant surprise. Makes Sproles (sans the returning skills) and the current Pumphrey mistake expendable. Ajayi won't be resigned. We would still need a primary 1st and 2nd down back but Clement turned himself into a very good 3rd down back. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a RB with 32 or if we get a 2nd, somewhere in there. 

Archived