Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I was exaggerating and being sarcastic, read all the posts not just 1.

Exaggerating what?  Saracastic with what?

Either you think they are drafting to sell tickets or not.  Obviously even if you say you were exaggerating and sarcastic you think there is some truth to it.  And that would be asinine. 

Tired of Jets fans assuming the worst and already being negative.  Let's see who they draft and how he performs before we "exaggerate and invoke sarcasm".

3 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Exaggerating what?  Saracastic with what?

Either you think they are drafting to sell tickets or not.  Obviously even if you say you were exaggerating and sarcastic you think there is some truth to it.  And that would be asinine. 

Tired of Jets fans assuming the worst and already being negative.  Let's see who they draft and how he performs before we "exaggerate and invoke sarcasm".

There’s several times this franchise has made moves to sell tickets and appeal to the media. So while I was being sarcastic with it... we have a history of making moves not based 100% on who will win and be the best football player. And that’s unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s several times this franchise has made moves to sell tickets and appeal to the media. So while I was being sarcastic with it... we have a history of making moves not based 100% on who will win and be the best football player. And that’s unfortunate.

What moves specifically are you referring to? 

I have followed the Jets religiously since about 1980 and I think that statement has no merit; but I am open to you enlightening me. 

12 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I have followed the Jets religiously since about 1980 and I think that statement has no merit; but I am open to you enlightening me. 

Only 1 move I can actually think of and it was trading for Tim Tebow while still committed to Mark Sanchez as the starter.

21 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Tim Tebow.

Bringing back Revis.

Trading up to get Olympic sprinter Johnny Jones.

to name a few.

10 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Only 1 move I can actually think of and it was trading for Tim Tebow while still committed to Mark Sanchez as the starter.

I don't think they were committed to Sanchez at that point in 2012.  He was not developing well and not taking the next step forward.  Proof is that the year after trading for Tebow they drafted Geno Smith.  I think they took a shot on Tebow (bad football move) and wanted to see if Mark stepped it up with competition (remember only QB competition Mark had to that point was from Clemens and Brunell). 

EDIT: Rex recently came out talking about how the organization soured on Sanchez.  They were not committed to him past his rookie contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-i-knew-mark-sanchez-wasnt-ever-going-to-be-a-franchise-quarterback/

Just now, Bobby816 said:

This debate is going nowhere if you think those moves weren’t for ticket sales and media. So let’s agree to disagree and move on.

See Tebow post above.

Revis shored up the CB position but fell off the cliff.  It was a football move an area of need at the time.

Lam Jones was a bad football move.  They Jets at the time envisioned blowing the top off of defenses with a the combo of Jones and Walker. With Jerome Barkum working the middle of the field.  It was a very bad move but not one based on media pressure or selling tickets.

Fact is your buying into media BS that was created when Mel Kiper went on his rant after we selected Lageman.  Hess tried to win and Woody is trying to win.  Our FO has made bad moves that is why we have not won a SB but don't think we make moves for the media or fans .... if anything the moves have been counter (not drafting Marino and Sapp as examples)

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Dang. You've been a Jets fan longer than I have been alive. Some of us newer Jets fan almost can't even say we are suffering. I started chearing during the Bill Parcell years. Crazy as it sounds the Jets have about a 500 record during that time and have made the playoffs 7/20 years. Not great. But could be worse. 

Awesome to hear your views.

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Dang. You've been a Jets fan longer than I have been alive. Some of us newer Jets fan almost can't even say we are suffering. I started chearing during the Bill Parcell years. Crazy as it sounds the Jets have about a 500 record during that time and have made the playoffs 7/20 years. Not great. But could be worse. 

LOL.  I still remember my first game at Shea that my dad took me too.  Still have that year book as well.  I really thought we would win a SB when Parcells came ... oh well.

BTW - you just made me feel old .. thanks!!! lol

8 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

LOL.  I still remember my first game at Shea that my dad took me too.  Still have that year book as well.  I really thought we would win a SB when Parcells came ... oh well.

BTW - you just made me feel old .. thanks!!! lol

Haha. Didn't mean it in a bad way. 

I guess you can say I was a bandwagon fan during the Parcell years since I jumped in when the team was good. I thought we were going to win too. The Tuna Bowls and all stuff. They hooked me in. I've been cheering ever since then. 

Hopefully things turn around soon. My wife doesn't want my son to be a Jets fan. She's been watching for the last few years. So she only knows them losing. 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Haha. Didn't mean it in a bad way. 

I guess you can say I was a bandwagon fan during the Parcell years since I jumped in when the team was good. I thought we were going to win too. The Tuna Bowls and all stuff. They hooked me in. I've been cheering ever since then. 

Hopefully things turn around soon. My wife doesn't want my son to be a Jets fan. She's been watching for the last few years. So she only knows them losing. 

I did not take it as bad bro. 

Well let's hope they get this pick right.  Really hoping that Darnold is there some how. 

PS - let your wife know that being a Jets fan builds character and helps teach life lessons!!!  LOL

I'm a big fan of Ourlads draft guide and website.  It's a respected resource that NFL teams use themselves.  There are pictures on the website's home page of the guides sitting on the desks of teams during the draft.

Anyway, although they are notoriously rough on Quarterbacks, they have Mayfield ranked as the second best player in the draft, behind Barkley. Rosen is ranked seventh, Darnold twelfth, Allen 28th. 

I mention this only to offer evidence that disinterested professionals who aren't trying to win mock draft contests like Kiper and McShay have a similar evaluation of Mayfield that the Jets may have. Rosen ranked highly too, but the injuries and diminished accuracy throwing on the move in comparison to Mayfield drops him a notch below.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think these reporters have about as much insight as we do. Jets really haven’t showed their cards besides that we will be drafting a QB.

If that ain't the truth, and what you said about drafting a player to sell tickets is also very true. I would be shocked it the Jets took Mayfield over Rosen, If there is any player who will help in ticket sales it is Rosen. The Jets are tight lipped on the draft, and that is the way it should be. These sports casters on the radio & ESPN are always trying to stir up controversy, 

Archived