Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Well that’s your interpretation. But he’s saying that he wants to go to the best fit rather than being a high pick on a team that probably isn’t the best fit for him. 

That's not just my interpretation, that's the majority of beat reporter's interpretation as well.  With that said, I don't question Rosen's antics so to speak.  My fear with him is that he'll get bored of football in a few year's or get another concussion or two and call it quits.  With Mayfield, obviously the fear is that he is going to be an on-field or off-field nightmare.  I don't question his passion for the game though.  

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's not just my interpretation, that's the majority of beat reporter's interpretation as well.  With that said, I don't question Rosen's antics so to speak.  My fear with him is that he'll get bored of football in a few year's or get another concussion or two and call it quits.  With Mayfield, obviously the fear is that he is going to be an on-field or off-field nightmare.  I don't question his passion for the game though.  

You getting Aaron Curry vibes from Rosen?

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s a difference between confident and cocky. If he gets drafted by us and sits 3rd on our depth chart... teammates and coaches won’t want to deal with that arrogance. His arrogance gets pushed to the side in high school in college bc he’s the best player and can get away with it. In the nfl not so much.

He won't be the only arrogant guy in our locker room. There are probably a few. Jamal Adams is the obvious one. He calls himself the president. There are Jets fan that don't like that about him and think he needs to shut up. In training camp, before he became a starter, his teammates and coaches like that he acted as a captain even though he was only a rookie.

In terms of sitting on the bench, I don't think he will like that either (no doubt). Same with Rosen. But, I expect both of those guys to start day 1. If they don't start, it's a risk. I don't buy Rosen's PC statement about being ok with a backup role. Will their arrogance be an issue if they don't start, it's a guess either way. But I don't think you draft a QB based on how likely they are to be ok with being on the bench. I actually want the opposite. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He won't be the only arrogant guy in our locker room. There are probably a few. Jamal Adams is the obvious one. He calls himself the president. There are Jets fan that don't like that about him and think he needs to shut up. In training camp, before he became a starter, his teammates and coaches like that he acted as a captain even though he was only a rookie.

In terms of sitting on the bench, I don't think he will like that either (no doubt). Same with Rosen. But, I expect both of those guys to start day 1. If they don't start, it's a risk. I don't buy Rosen's PC statement about being ok with a backup role. Will their arrogance be an issue if they don't start, it's a guess either way. But I don't think you draft a QB based on how likely they are to be ok with being on the bench. I actually want the opposite. 

Adams and Mayfields personalities couldn’t be more different.

Perfect example of the difference between confident and cocky

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You getting Aaron Curry vibes from Rosen?

I like Rosen a lot, I just fear that he might retire in 5 years or so because he's either bored or gets more concussions.  Mayfield reminds me of the guy that would play with a dislocated shoulder (while flipping the other team off with the other arm :D)

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I like Rosen a lot, I just fear that he might retire in 5 years or so because he's either bored or gets more concussions.  Mayfield reminds me of the guy that would play with a dislocated shoulder (while flipping the other team off with the other arm :D)

Mayfield gonna scramble for 6 yards then get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

They really do, lol.  There's a reason the guy is likely going top 5 even though there's red flags there.  

I said I’d root for him but short, arrogant Quarterbacks who threw to wide open targets in a conference that doesn’t promote defense isn’t exactly something to get excited about.

54 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Well that’s your interpretation. But he’s saying that he wants to go to the best fit rather than being a high pick on a team that probably isn’t the best fit for him. 

Well Baker is identifying that the Chargers aren't a good fit for him. 

You think Baker is the only player who doesn't want to go to a bunch of teams, learn their playbook and do their homework? Knowing they don't want to go to that team. Baker was just the player to come out and say it. If Darnold said it, it would've been a non issue.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I said I’d root for him but short, arrogant Quarterbacks who threw to wide open targets in a conference that doesn’t promote defense isn’t exactly something to get excited about.

Do I need to post the advanced stats again that show that he was the most accurate in "NFL" throws aka tight window throws?  Should we also discount the OSU game, etc.? 

Archived