Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Josh Allen is also being considered at 1 and none of you want him. 

Also Cleveland Browns, nuff said.

Correct, I don't want Josh allen at all. But it's not where we would draft him. I wouldn't want Allen at 3, 6 or 200+.

Just now, DowNY said:

Well Baker is identifying that the Chargers aren't a good fit for him. 

You think Baker is the only player who doesn't want to go to a bunch of teams, learn their playbook and do their homework? Knowing they don't want to go to that team. Baker was just the player to come out and say it. If Darnold said it, it would've been a non issue.

Exactly. Every year QBs go through this. And yet only a baker recently is too good to study a few plays from a playbook bc of where the team is drafting. Why is he excluded to study the playbook? You think Darnold and Rosen haven’t been asked to study the playbook of teams outside the top 10? Of course they have. Yet they don’t have have that bad attitude that they’re too good to study a playbook of a team that late. So when he’s getting 3rd string reps I guess he should I care either. Bc it’s a waste of his time to play with backups and against backups. It’s a arrogant attitude that doesn’t fly.

6 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Well Baker is identifying that the Chargers aren't a good fit for him. 

You think Baker is the only player who doesn't want to go to a bunch of teams, learn their playbook and do their homework? Knowing they don't want to go to that team. Baker was just the player to come out and say it. If Darnold said it, it would've been a non issue.

There’s no way you got that from what he did. He could have easily refused to meet with them and none of this would have happened. Instead he half assed the Process because he’s got too much on his plate. That’s not a good look on his behalf but because you desire him you’ll sweep it under the rug. Darnold for example was hesitant to meet with the Jets but did at the last minute. He didn’t meet with us and half *** it just because. That’s the difference between these guys. Mayfield is a ME first guy. 

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Do I need to post the advanced stats again that show that he was the most accurate in "NFL" throws aka tight window throws?  Should we also discount the OSU game, etc.? 

Post what you want. We’ve seen the film. I actually watched his tOSU tape the other day. It was bad at first, he got better towards the end. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Post what you want. We’ve seen the film. I actually watched his tOSU tape the other day. It was bad at first, he got better towards the end. 

Threw to the tune of a nearly 80% comp percentage, 386 yards, and 3 TD's on a top 10 D in the country.  Give the guy some credit.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. Every year QBs go through this. And yet only a baker recently is too good to study a few plays from a playbook bc of where the team is drafting. Why is he excluded to study the playbook? You think Darnold and Rosen haven’t been asked to study the playbook of teams outside the top 10? Of course they have. Yet they don’t have have that bad attitude that they’re too good to study a playbook of a team that late. So when he’s getting 3rd string reps I guess he should I care either. Bc it’s a waste of his time to play with backups and against backups. It’s a arrogant attitude that doesn’t fly.

Zero proof to this.  Not saying they wouldn't study this, but it's never been reported.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Threw to the tune of a nearly 80% comp percentage, 386 yards, and 3 TD's on a top 10 D in the country.  Give the guy some credit.

I said it got better. Those first couple of possessions were bad though. He settled in and played well and I’m still not trading up for him the draft after that lol.

Zero proof to this.  Not saying they wouldn't study this, but it's never been reported.

Probably because they put their heads down and went to work. Remember only negative things tend to leak out. Remember Geno’s visits and all that stuff that came out about him.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I said it got better. Those first couple of possessions were bad though. He settled in and played well and I’m still not trading up for him the draft after that lol.

Won't say they weren't.  Either way, people discount him for the offense he played in, which is fair in some respects and not fair in others.  Inflated stats?  Of course.  But the advanced stats that dig in to situations like tight window throws, etc. are on his side.

Let’s be real man. If they did what Baker did it would be in the media just like it is with Baker. So no news on it more than likely means they did what you’re supposed to and either turned down the meeting or studied the playbook like they were asked. That’s common sense. Do I know this for 100%? No. But it takes common sense to assume this.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Probably because they put their heads down and went to work. Remember only negative things tend to leak out. Remember Geno’s visits and all that stuff that came out about him.

Again though, no way on knowing for sure.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Let’s be real man. If they did what Baker did it would be in the media just like it is with Baker. So no news on it more than likely means they did what you’re supposed to and either turned down the meeting or studied the playbook like they were asked. That’s common sense. Do I know this for 100%? No. But it takes common sense to assume this.

I'm not saying the media wouldn't be, but again, zero proof.  Then again, we don't know what teams are even asking these guys to learn playbooks.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I'm not saying the media wouldn't be, but again, zero proof.  Then again, we don't know what teams are even asking these guys to learn playbooks.

It’s defending Mayfield when yet again he did the wrong thing bc of his arrogance and pointing the finger at others that they “maybe” did the same thing. With no proof of that. Your line earlier today showed how much it’s just that you love his type of personality. Saying that he’d play with a bum shoulder and would be giving the other team the finger with other. And that fact that some of you are ok with that. Is very emabarasing for our franchise. That you guys would be ok with that. I know you were “kidding” but the fact is that’s the kind of player he is. And that’s embarrassing for our franchise for a player to continuously do antics like that.   

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Why is his arrogance a problem?

Good point on the Lincoln Riley concerns. If you watch the first episode of Behind Baker, his family (especially his mom) had the same concerns. They didn't want him to train in LA. But in the following episodes, it shows him spending time with his media team, his trainers (including training with Christian Yelich who is a beast in the gym) and his agents. But to your point, why are his coaches and family concerned about him being in LA? My conclusion is they have doubts he won't stay out of the trouble. It's a red flag that has always been there with him and will continue to be there for the next few years. 

Also, I don't think people are assuming Baker is going to be less arrogant after he gets drafted. Some just don't really care if he is arrogant. I don't need my QB to be a standup guy. It doesn't matter. From a personality standpoint, I just want him to have the desire to be great. And, while I don't know Baker, listening to all his interview, I think this kid will do anything to be great. 

This is so over-blown to me in this thread.

If that was indeed the case, there is no way the Baker Mayfield team would publish that for the world to see.

She's a mom; that's what moms do - My mom would say the same thing and I don't have a troubled past

Archived