Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think that’s a position of need big enough for us to trade up like that for. For an edge rusher we like? Maybe.

Ya i get it, but he got cleared by quite a few Dr's since and he is a freak.  It would certainly be tempting but it would be tough considering how many picks we have already given away.

9 hours ago, rampantjet said:

There has been a lot of back and forth around Baker.  Some for, some against.  But this video proves we are passing up on a superbowl if we don't take him.  It is now official.

Well he will get paid very well no matter where he goes, so of course he can sit in the stands and go to a Super Bowl and afford the tickets if he wants.

Jets daily draft nugget: Mike Maccagnan's three-year track record shows a strong preference for big-school players. Of the GM's 22 selections, only four came from schools not in a power-5 conference — none in the first four rounds. He'd break that trend if he picks Wyoming QB Josh Allen at No. 3. In case you're wondering, the four small-school players are LB Dylan Donahue (West Georgia), RB Eli McGuire (Louisiana-Lafayette), P Lachlan Edwards (Sam Houston State) and DT Deon Simon (Northwestern State).

Another thing worth mentioning: Maccagnan has not spent a 1st round pick on a senior. Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, and Jamal Adams were all 20-21 when we drafted them. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Another thing worth mentioning: Maccagnan has not spent a 1st round pick on a senior. Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, and Jamal Adams were all 20-21 when we drafted them. 

Nice couple of nuggets.

The big school point seems to be part of his preference. 18/22 is a pretty high percentage. The 4 small school prospects were also day 3 players. But he has done decent with his small school prospects selections considering they are day 3 players. 

The underclassmen note could be more of a coincidence though. We know he likes to go best player available. It just happens that Leo and Jamal were best player available. I don't recall Lee being considered BPA though. Seems more like they wanted a specific type of player.

Also, I could be wrong but I think most 1st round picks are underclassmen. Most elite players don't stay all 4 years. If it's reasonable for them to go in the first round, they usually come out even if they can benefit from another year in college.

52 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Welcome Josh Rosen!!! ? 

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

A situation that could propose itself could be Allen going 1 and Barkley going 2. If the choices are Darnold or Rosen I wonder which direction we go.

All reports are saying the Giants won't let Darnold get past 2.  If for whatever reason they didn't want him, they'd get a king's ransom for 2.

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Nice article. I didn't realize part of the reason why Aaron Rodgers dropped in the draft was because he was cocky and considered to be too arrogant.

The whole millennial comment is a joke. Millennial are currently between the ages of 22-37. That's pretty much every single NFL player. There's just a negative stigma put on millennials by older generations. 

33 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Nice article. I didn't realize part of the reason why Aaron Rodgers dropped in the draft was because he was cocky and considered to be too arrogant.

The whole millennial comment is a joke. Millennial are currently between the ages of 22-37. That's pretty much every single NFL player. There's just a negative stigma put on millennials by older generations. 

The two sides of “millennials” are polar opposites though. For example I’m 35. Video games and all were a small part of my childhood. Going out and playing sports was how I spent my free time. Rare from the younger millennials bc video games have become WAY more popular as they were kids. Also cell phones or tablets as a whole. I didn’t get a cell phone till I was 17. Younger millennials get cell phones before they’re even teens. Just done examples.

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The two sides of “millennials” are polar opposites though. For example I’m 35. Video games and all were a small part of my childhood. Going out and playing sports was how I spent my free time. Rare from the younger millennials bc video games have become WAY more popular as they were kids. Also cell phones or tablets as a whole. I didn’t get a cell phone till I was 17. Younger millennials get cell phones before they’re even teens. Just done examples.

I wouldnt say polar opposites but there are distinct differences. I wouldnt consider myself -- going to be 29 this year -- as much different than someone who is 36 or 23. Perhaps as a result of being distinctly in the middle, closer to the older generation. 

Regardless I think it's good that Rosen is curious and interested in the why. Concepts are more abstract and will drive better play than just doing things because coach said to.

Archived