WE TRADED FOR JPP!!

bucsfan333

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yup. As much as I like Chubb/Davenport, give me the proven guy. I'll take a few years of JPP and draft someone else.

I mean technically we could still pull the trigger on Davenport if we wanted to. If he's the BPA at our pick, I would.

Can never have enough pass rush and that would give him some time to refine his game and get coached up w/out being thrust right into a starting role...

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Nick Bosa, both Clemson DEs, Joe Jackson, Zach Allen (hyped to be better than his former teammate Landry) to name a few.

It's so far out to project these guys though. Remember this time last year, everyone was saying Arden Key was going to be a top 3 pick...

It's just too much fluctuation this far out and names come/go...

If we have a shot to take an impact DE at our spot, I wouldn't be mad one bit if we pulled the trigger, given they're the BPA on the board...

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's so far out to project these guys though. Remember this time last year, everyone was saying Arden Key was going to be a top 3 pick...

It's just too much fluctuation this far out and names come/go...

If we have a shot to take an impact DE at our spot, I wouldn't be mad one bit if we pulled the trigger, given they're the BPA on the board...

If we trade down to 12 or so and a guy like Davenport is BPA, I'm all for taking him. But I think Chubb would be the only DE at seven who would be BPA. And I don't think Chubb makes it past the Colts.

I've got zero issue with acquiring JPP, though I think a 3rd is a little rich for my blood (mainly because of JPP's contract), but it's not like it's crippling or anything. Now this allows us to fill another hole elsewhere in the draft and not have to worry about Chubb not falling and not having to reach for Davenport or Landry. 

Archived