2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

Do any of you guys work in or know anyone that works for an MLB team?

I’ve been looking at social media, advertising, and marketing jobs, and i actually just put an application in with the Brewers because they were the first team i saw pop up for job openings. 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’ve been looking at social media, advertising, and marketing jobs, and i actually just put an application in with the Brewers because they were the first team i saw pop up for job openings. 

@LuckyNumber11 works for the Brewers IIRC.

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Few guys here do, I worked at advanced media for a few years, they're always looking for qualified individuals.

8 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Few guys here do, I worked at advanced media for a few years, they're always looking for qualified individuals.

The problem with getting a job in baseball, especially in baseball operations, is that there is an army of educated white kids from upper middle class or upper class families who have "work for a baseball team" as their dream job. So there's no work life balance at all, the pay is terrible, and teams are completely okay burning out kids. 

If you work outside of that area, I'm assuming it's a lot different, but I had a friend who interviewed with the Cardinals a while back and was pretty much told the expectations are 24/7 availability. If you're going to kill your early 20's like that, go be an investment banker.

I don't know if the social media/marketing departments are going to be specifically if you're working for a team. I'd assume it's a little bit better if you work for the MLB itself. Either way, it's something I'd ask about in any interview for sure.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The problem with getting a job in baseball, especially in baseball operations, is that there is an army of educated white kids from upper middle class or upper class families who have "work for a baseball team" as their dream job. So there's no work life balance at all, the pay is terrible, and teams are completely okay burning out kids. 

If you work outside of that area, I'm assuming it's a lot different, but I had a friend who interviewed with the Cardinals a while back and was pretty much told the expectations are 24/7 availability. If you're going to kill your early 20's like that, go be an investment banker.

Yeah it's a great experience if you love it but the burnout is very real.

Archived