Why There's Zero Chance We Take Allen, But Why We're Not Taking Darnold

Mind Character

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Come on Michael Silver. Don't be cryptic. Save our forum and fanbase from ourselves. We've lived with this fear for far too long.

They’ve just not made their final decision. All the connected insiders said the same: they like 3 or 4 of the QBs and haven’t committed to one being the pick. I have a feeling they like darnold a little more than the rest.

28 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

They’ve just not made their final decision. All the connected insiders said the same: they like 3 or 4 of the QBs and haven’t committed to one being the pick.

That's what worries me. How people's opinions change so much when zero games have been played by these top QB's since New Years is beyond me. I worry about the "too many cooks in the kitchen" issue with Dorsey, Wolfe, Hue, and of course Il Duce Truckstop Jimmy.

28 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I have a feeling they like darnold a little more than the rest.

I REALLY hope this is the case. According to that poll of 24 GM's, 17 liked Darnold the most. I'd side with that majority.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's what worries me. How people's opinions change so much when zero games have been played by these top QB's since New Years is beyond me. I worry about the "too many cooks in the kitchen" issue with Dorsey, Wolfe, Hue, and of course Il Duce Truckstop Jimmy.

I REALLY hope this is the case. According to that poll of 24 GM's, 17 liked Darnold the most. I'd side with that majority.

It's not like they have no idea what they're going to do. More like due diligence. It'll be Darnold.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Come on Michael Silver. Don't be cryptic. Save our forum and fanbase from ourselves. We've lived with this fear for far too long.

He’s being cryptic because he doesn’t know sht.  No way Dorsey will be good with any leaks from Hue.  I’m sure this was a talking point for Dorsey with Haslam early in the process. He, like everyone else, saw how chatty the coaching staff was and I’m sure he put the kibosh on that quick, fast and in a hurry.

4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

They’ve just not made their final decision. All the connected insiders said the same: they like 3 or 4 of the QBs and haven’t committed to one being the pick. I have a feeling they like darnold a little more than the rest.

I’m sure they know who they’re picking.  What on earth is happening in April that’s changing their minds?  Realistically they were probably 85-90% sure as soon as everyone declared.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

There may be many cooks, but only one executive chef. Dorsey, if he’s known for anything, it’s  that he’s going to do things his way and keep things close to the vest. I’m certain he knows what he’s doing and not many others outside of the top execs (if them even) do.  I wouldn’t be shocked if Hue didn’t know at this point.  

It’s been almost universally Darnold for 14 months. When that happens those guys almost universally go number one (Clowney, Garrett, Luck, Winston, etc.)

I have a message for you from Scot McCloughan and Dorsey: "Little Favre says hello"

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s been almost universally Darnold for 14 months. When that happens those guys almost universally go number one (Clowney, Garrett, Luck, Winston, etc.)

"I see a little Brett Favre... He's far and away the best QB in the draft. I'd bet it all on him" -- Scot McCloughan

"He was exceptional at the X and O's, learned the playbook at Oklahoma in a day, I saw him in person 6 times for each and every home game this season. The entire Oklahoma organization loves him. He's a leader of men." -- John Dorsey

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s being cryptic because he doesn’t know sht.  No way Dorsey will be good with any leaks from Hue.  I’m sure this was a talking point for Dorsey with Haslam early in the process. He, like everyone else, saw how chatty the coaching staff was and I’m sure he put the kibosh on that quick, fast and in a hurry.

I’m sure they know who they’re picking.  What on earth is happening in April that’s changing their minds?  Realistically they were probably 85-90% sure as soon as everyone declared.

There may be many cooks, but only one executive chef. Dorsey, if he’s known for anything, it’s  that he’s going to do things his way and keep things close to the vest. I’m certain he knows what he’s doing and not many others outside of the top execs (if them even) do.  I wouldn’t be shocked if Hue didn’t know at this point.  

Like I said... it’s more due diligence than “not knowing”

32 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

"I see a little Brett Favre... He's far and away the best QB in the draft. I'd bet it all on him" -- Scot McCloughan

Certainly possible.  I won’t be mad. I still doubt it though.

32 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

"He was exceptional at the X and O's, learned the playbook at Oklahoma in a day, I saw him in person 6 times for each and every home game this season. The entire Oklahoma organization loves him. He's a leader of men." -- John Dorsey

He complimented the kid, so what? You guys view every offhand comment as some tea leaf that needs to be taken as important or some valuable piece of info.  

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Certainly possible.  I won’t be mad. I still doubt it though.

He complimented the kid, so what? You guys view every offhand comment as some tea leaf that needs to be taken as important or some valuable piece of info.  

Come on LGB, by now don't we internet know each other well enough to the point where you know with me it's more of a general despair about this franchise and sports town rather than reading tea leaves....LOL

I'm offended sir...

You should be mad... I'm now mad that you're not mad...

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Come on LGB, by now don't we internet know each other well enough to the point where you know with me it's more of a general despair about this franchise and sports town rather than reading tea leaves....LOL

I'm offended sir...

You should be mad... I'm now mad that you're not mad...

Even if you’re right, I prefer Darnold, but I’m good with Baker homie.

Kid will be a good one imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived