Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Casuals suck lol. Casual HOMERS are the worst.

I really don't get how he doesn't understand the the Kreider / Hall v Coleman thing. 

Like, we are trying to give him an example of a rental's depressed value...and somehow Hall isn't applicable because he got traded 2 months before? LOL. What? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I really don't get how he doesn't understand the the Kreider / Hall v Coleman thing. 

Like, we are trying to give him an example of a rental's depressed value...and somehow Hall isn't applicable because he got traded 2 months before? LOL. What? 

Because it's a Rags fan. Apparently urgency means that teams will panic and offer more, despite recent years of track records proving otherwise. If anything, things have shown that teams will wait out rentals until the last minute and get them at a lesser price.

Mark Stone, an arguably superior player to Taylor Hall and a MASSIVELY superior player to Chris Kreider, got a 2nd and Brannstrom and that's ONLY because Vegas was confident they'd extend him. 

BK's Additional Trade Deadline Deals

- Wayne Simmonds (50% retained) to Vancouver for Vancouver's 2020 4th round pick (we retain solely to get something...anything)
- Sami Vatanen to Vegas for Cody Eakin and VGK's 2020 1st round pick (settle for the draft pick and filler here)
- Kyle Palmieri (50% retained) to Boston for Urho Vaakanainen, Jack Studnicka and Boston's 2020 1st round pick 

Or we don't retain and take Backes but for a bigger return.

I never really took the time to look at Nick Merkley's AHL and Junior stats but, man, we could've done A LOT worse for the 3rd piece in that deal (if you don't want to consider the 2021 1st/2nd/3rd the 3rd piece...if you do...even better lol). He was a PPG guy almost his entire Jr career, including the playoffs. He was a PPG guy his first year in the AHL and is a 0.82 PPG guy in the AHL overall. He's a damn good hockey player and it's obvious that injuries are the only reason why his expectations were tempered. 

Ray Shero left us one hell of a parting gift.

So its actually pretty cool, but someone on the Devils board posted how Drafting Bill Guerin basically became Nolan Foote and the first round pick from Vancouver. 

Drafted Guerin in 1989. Guerin wins SC with us in 1995. Traded Guerin to Edmonton for Jason Arnott & Bryan Muir in 1998. Arnott wins a cup with us in 2000 with a GWG in the finals (fun note, Muir was then traded for a third round pick which became Mike Rupp...who also had the series clinching, gwg in a stanley cup finals for us). Keep Arnott until 2002, when we trade Arnott, along with McKay and a pick, for Langenbrunner and Nieuwendyk, who win a cup in 2003 with us. Langenbrunner kicks around until 2011, when he's traded for a third round pick...who became Blake Coleman. Coleman kicks around until 2020, when he's traded for Foote & 1st. 

So lets put this in perspective...a guy that we drafted over a decade before Foote and our future first were even born has a hand in us actually acquiring them LOL

And finally, on Vatanen, I guess the tricky part with him is that he hasn’t played in a while (out since Feb. 1 with leg bruise injury from blocking a shot).

No, he hasn’t. I don’t know how much that’s going to change things. Teams are calling me on him. I’ve got a bunch of teams in different slots, but at the end of the day teams add a player like Sami Vatanen not for Feb. 25 or Feb. 26 but they got him for April and May. They want to win.

I guess the injury may affect the return to some degree but not the interest?

Yeah, we’ll see. He could get back on the ice here in the next few days. It’s been coming up on a month (since he’s been out). He’s feeling more comfortable. It’s just a pain thing, that’s all it is, it’s just him being able to manage that.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Probably won't be able to ship them Simmonds now, but still, I'm a fan of the Canucks improving their team this season @beekay414 lol

Also, deals are getting done early. This is a similar package to what I expect for Vats

Lol yeah. Who knows. We may not get anything for him even if we retain. Vatanen, I think will bring back better than Madden and a 2nd tho. D > W

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Lol yeah. Who knows. We may not get anything for him even if we retain. Vatanen, I think will bring back better than Madden and a 2nd tho. D > W

How come when you advocate trading Palms, the go to for everyone is, "you can't trade everyone!!!!!!!!". I'm seriously not advocating to trade everyone...I'm advocating to trade Palmieri...

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

How come when you advocate trading Palms, the go to for everyone is, "you can't trade everyone!!!!!!!!". I'm seriously not advocating to trade everyone...I'm advocating to trade Palmieri...

I don't friggin' know. These dudes want to get better but don't want to trade from this team. Yeah, I get we need top 6 goal scoring forwards but who gives a **** about this year and next? If we're gonna suck, we might as well do it right. Keeping Palms around is half assing this thing. Retain 50% and go get a nice *** haul for a dude that doesn't fit our timeline. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1