Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Got an idea of what the packages looked like? Cuz now I'll be pretty pissed if we didn't move him for a "very good" return.

I know that there was talk in the Boston forum about them, can't remember if they ever got specific with the players. I don't know if the guy was even legit, but the boston fans treated him as though he had real sources and had been reliable in the past. He said that there were two deals being talked about. Not sure if I can find the posts from that long ago. .

Someone in the Devils board I think said it was basically the Kase deal, which I find hard to believe, but if it's accurate, I understand why we passed. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I know that there was talk in the Boston forum about them, can't remember if they ever got specific with the players. I don't know if the guy was even legit, but the boston fans treated him as though he had real sources and had been reliable in the past. He said that there were two deals being talked about. Not sure if I can find the posts from that long ago. .

Someone in the Devils board I think said it was basically the Kase deal, which I find hard to believe, but if it's accurate, I understand why we passed. 

Yeah, if it was the Kase deal, I get passing on it. Axel Andersson isn't really that great of a prospect. Well, not enough to give up Palmieri AND take on 75% of Backes.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, if it was the Kase deal, I get passing on it. Axel Andersson isn't really that great of a prospect. Well, not enough to give up Palmieri AND take on 75% of Backes.

That's kind of the problem with dealing with Boston...their prospect pool kind of blows. Lots of first round under achievers. I mean, Vaak had been hyped forever and he never got off the ground. He's kind of just a guy. Zboril has been a bust....so they have plenty of depth defensive pieces they could move, but they don't have a whole lot that I'm interested in moving Palms for. Maybe Debrusk? Though talk is he hasn't been the same since his concussion. 

Just now, Forge said:

That's kind of the problem with dealing with Boston...their prospect pool kind of blows. Lots of first round under achievers. I mean, Vaak had been hyped forever and he never got off the ground. He's kind of just a guy. Zboril has been a bust....so they have plenty of depth defensive pieces they could move, but they don't have a whole lot that I'm interested in moving Palms for. Maybe Debrusk? Though talk is he hasn't been the same since his concussion. 

I'm a Studnicka guy but I get people not liking him.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Tho, I would re-visit it and see if I can pull Studnicka and their 2020 2nd depending on how the board falls.

Hard to say...I think Studnicka is projected in their lineup. Their fans are hard to deal with and he is a 100% non starter to them. 

At this point, with him being a rental, I do think that is the type of deal we are looking at. Taffoli type deal. If the prospect is legit, I'm good with that. Tyler Madden was not a light prospect to give up. I've offered him to Carolina fans for Bean lol. I'd do the same for Suzuki and probably even Fleury...though I'll be honestly, I have no idea what the deal is on Fleury. I don't get why they are only playing him like 13 minutes a night? Just because the D is stacked? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hard to say...I think Studnicka is projected in their lineup. Their fans are hard to deal with and he is a 100% non starter to them. 

At this point, with him being a rental, I do think that is the type of deal we are looking at. Taffoli type deal. If the prospect is legit, I'm good with that. Tyler Madden was not a light prospect to give up. I've offered him to Carolina fans for Bean lol. I'd do the same for Suzuki and probably even Fleury...though I'll be honestly, I have no idea what the deal is on Fleury. I don't get why they are only playing him like 13 minutes a night? Just because the D is stacked? 

Yeah, I'd take a Toffoli type deal for Palms. I don't know how he fits with the Canes up and down game but if Justin Williams can do it, there's no reason Palms couldn't.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, yes lol

I hope we explore moving Palms and re-upping Gusev. I feel, for the style of the team, that makes more sense. Though, Palms likely wears the C so that may **** with that idea a bit.

The sentimentality with palms is overwhelming. I hope we trade just so I don't have to listen to that crap from other devils fans