Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Considering how crappy the LD market is for players under 30, I'd like to take a shot on Derek Forbort. I think he could pair well with any of our RD options.

I really want DeMelo but he's a RD and I'm not sure how that would work. He's too good to be a 3rd pairing player and we're not going to move Subban/Severson down a peg either. We also have the Ty Smith thing to work out. I mean, it could be a 1 year issue if we can get Seattle to take Subban but that's not a guarantee.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Considering how crappy the LD market is for players under 30, I'd like to take a shot on Derek Forbort. I think he could pair well with any of our RD options.

I really want DeMelo but he's a RD and I'm not sure how that would work. He's too good to be a 3rd pairing player and we're not going to move Subban/Severson down a peg either. We also have the Ty Smith thing to work out. I mean, it could be a 1 year issue if we can get Seattle to take Subban but that's not a guarantee.

I actually thought of demelo as well. 

I wish we knew for sure if Smith plays left or right

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

No way. It would require a big add. The original poster went back and clarified. There was nothing specific

Well, I'd still look into moving Palms to Boston for futures at the draft. There's some legs there at least. If we can get their 2021 1st, their 2020 2nd or 3rd and a prospect or two, I'd be inclined to do it.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Well, I'd still look into moving Palms to Boston for futures at the draft. There's some legs there at least. If we can get their 2021 1st, their 2020 2nd or 3rd and a prospect or two, I'd be inclined to do it.

They were super into him at the deadline. I remember spending a lot of time in their forum during the deadline; their rumor mill was all about it. 

In the end, the thing that was concerning is that apparently the offers for Palms were very good. I know I read that somewhere, but can't remember where. Obviously, I've always been about trading Palms as opposed to signing him, though if he'll take a short term deal, thats fine. We will probably ship off Gusev at the deadline. I wouldn't mind getting good prospects as opposed to picks at this point though. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They were super into him at the deadline. I remember spending a lot of time in their forum during the deadline; their rumor mill was all about it. 

In the end, the thing that was concerning is that apparently the offers for Palms were very good. I know I read that somewhere, but can't remember where. Obviously, I've always been about trading Palms as opposed to signing him, though if he'll take a short term deal, thats fine. We will probably ship off Gusev at the deadline. I wouldn't mind getting good prospects as opposed to picks at this point though. 

Got an idea of what the packages looked like? Cuz now I'll be pretty pissed if we didn't move him for a "very good" return.