Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Reading more of Pronman's stuff, I really feel like there's a Rangers bias but I can't find a connection. Is that just me reading too much into how he rates Howden? And that he'd take Laffy over Hughes as prospects?

He said last year that he would have had them equal and this year he'd take Laf. I actually think that's kind of to be expected. They were almost dead even in an exec poll that was conducted regarding ranking the last 10 #1 overall picks as well. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Carter Hart: .917 career SV%
Mackenzie Blackwood: .918 career SV%

Yet Hart is a potential elite top end goaltender and Blackwood is someone that's "not so good you look past Askarov" lmao. 

I just ignore it now. The only thing it can be is that people are legitimately holding that horrific season a couple of years ago against Blackwood. He got demoted to the ECHL, which is pretty brutal, but since then he's been amazing. I wish I could call writers and stuff out on that but it's kind of a waste of time lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Rossi or Raymond? Do we take the perceived safe player with tenacity or do we take the kid with sky high potential? I'm so torn.

(obviously assuming Sanderson/Drysdale are both off the board)

I won't be mad at either, so I'm not going to worry about it too much. Either one of them could make a ton of sense, and Drysdale I'm sure will be on high on the list. I'd love to know where we have Sanderson because we are getting an infusion on the LHD at the professional level. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

I won't be mad at either, so I'm not going to worry about it too much. Either one of them could make a ton of sense, and Drysdale I'm sure will be on high on the list. I'd love to know where we have Sanderson because we are getting an infusion on the LHD at the professional level. 

Yeah, there's not a lot I'm going to be mad at this year. The only way I'd get pissed is if we took Askarov #7.