Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

lol we're getting smacked by ESPN now...

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/28230438/nhl-experts-buy-sell-phil-kessel-scoring-30-goals-buyer-remorse-sergei-bobrovsky-more

Masi: Sell. According to Natural Stat Trick, the Rangers' expected goals against per 60 minutes is last in the league, and their Corsi against per 60 minutes is almost five shot attempts worse than any other team's mark. Bad news for the Rangers, they only have two games left against the Devils this season.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, beekay414 said:

I want Byram damn it. We deserve Byram. Not for Hall. We just deserve him. Wanted him throughout the process but we won the damn lottery lol. 

If it makes you feel better, he's actually been underwhelming this year by all reports

Okay, everyone who's not bolted down needs to be on the block, even if we have to retain in some instances. This team is so far away from competing, it's not happening next year either, so you may as well trade both Coleman and Palms while their value is higher since they are on valuable contracts, not rentals, and we should have no interest in giving them long term deals at age 30 when their next contracts start. 

Greene can play out the string or waive the NTC. Vats should get traded at the deadline. Wood can go. Simmonds should fetch some random bad prospect or a 3rd round pick or something. 

This team should seriously only consist of guys who have a reasonable shot at being part of the rebuild at this point (and PK, since nobody will take on the contract even with a retained amount). 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

REVISIONIST HISTORY ON NICKLAS BERGFORS!!!!!

Like, he was fine. I called him not elite as a prospect he calls him a middle six tweener, but somehow what I said was clueless revisionist history lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I do want this saga to be over and to start the fire sale but I also want the best package we can get so I'm okay with waiting til February 24th.

Yeah, same here. I don't think it gets a ton better one way or the other. The takes on there asking for newhook + Timmins is crazy though. Nevermind the people thinking we should get BB. 

I feel pretty sure we get 2 or 3 pieces back, a first, a couple of meh prospects, and there you go. If we get more, great