Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

@beekay414 rumor posted on hf says Hall has played his last home game for us and that a trade will be finalized to the Avs soon. The guy isn't a known insider, but apparently has had good info before and is followed by a number of industry guys. 

Not sure I'm going to put any stock in it, but interesting none the less. Especially if Hall ends up a late scratch for tonight

I'm scared lol

Timmins is legit but that concussion scares the hell out of me. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm scared lol

Timmins is legit but that concussion scares the hell out of me. 

I'm going to bank on it not being accurate, but obviously it makes much more sense to try and get this done as quickly as possible. Risking an injury to Hall would be a disaster, and he's not really a paragon of health. 

Honestly, I don't love the Avs prospects. I'm with you on the concussion issue for Timmins. That being said, from a skill level perspective, he's probably one of the more talented prospects we can hope to get. If Shero is smart, he'll avoid Zadarov because it's likely CO is going to have to move him in the off season anyway for expansion draft reasons. Timmins + 1st is probably the best we can hope for from a pure rental standpoint anyway. If we get a throw in line Jost, I suppose that's cool too, though I think he's just a bottom sixer and there's nothing really special about him. But I'm not even sure that we will get that throw in tbh. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, he's probably not getting dealt yet. Can't trust the interwebs

I'm torn. I want it over as soon as possible, but also wish to delay the disappointment I know I will feel once I see the return (which is saying something, because I've mainly kept myself on the very conservative end of the spectrum with regards to possible return) 

• Like 1

Chris Johnston said this on the Saturday headlines aka Hot Stove 10 minutes ago. Avalanche are the team leading the hunt and it could happen very quickly. Devils would like a 4 asset package.

@beekay414, maybe there was something to what that rando internet dude said. 

I realy don't like hearing "4 asset package" unless one of those is like a 5th round pick, because it makes it sound like we are going for quantity rather than quality. If we end up with some crap haul like Bowers / Jost / 1st / some random pick or player, I think I'm going to puke. You have to come out of this with at least Timmins if you're trading with the Avs. Or Newhook. You have to get someone who has legitimate top 4 D potential or a top 6 forward prospect. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I realy don't like hearing "4 asset package" unless one of those is like a 5th round pick, because it makes it sound like we are going for quantity rather than quality. If we end up with some crap haul like Bowers / Jost / 1st / some random pick or player, I think I'm going to puke. You have to come out of this with at least Timmins if you're trading with the Avs. Or Newhook. You have to get someone who has legitimate top 4 D potential or a top 6 forward prospect. 

Be prepared to be disappointed

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Newhook + Kaut + 1st + cond. 3rd  for Hall. Mirrors the value Mark Stone got for Ottawa (Brannstrom + Lindberg + 2nd) but you guys get more due to Brannstrom being a better prospect, and Hall being traded by Xmas if the rumors are true.

Newhook is a blue chip forward prospect and does have top line potential. And while I know you guys need D prospects, Timmins should and probably does scare the crap out of Shero. Also with how you guys are playing, you might be in line to pick a stud D prospect with either your pick or theirs. I'd rather take BPA than force to get a D prospect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Newhook + Kaut + 1st + cond. 3rd  for Hall. Mirrors the value Mark Stone got for Ottawa (Brannstrom + Lindberg + 2nd) but you guys get more due to Brannstrom being a better prospect, and Hall being traded by Xmas if the rumors are true.

Newhook is a blue chip forward prospect and does have top line potential. And while I know you guys need D prospects, Timmins should and probably does scare the crap out of Shero. Also with how you guys are playing, you might be in line to pick a stud D prospect with either your pick or theirs. I'd rather take BPA than force to get a D prospect.

I'd be fine with that. Kaut is a total bust thus far, but he's whatever as it's really Newhook that matters. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be fine with that. Kaut is a total bust thus far, but he's whatever as it's really Newhook that matters. 

Yeah Kaut is basically a lottery ticket. He's got 1st round pedigree, so if you can turn him around (and I think it's possible), then great, middle six winger. Newhook is also nice because he's a few years away. So when your big contracts for Hughes and Nico are up, you'll have a nice skilled C coming up who could put up 40-50 points. The 1st is nice because if a stud D-man prospect starts falling (teams are skittish about taking D-man in the top 10, they always fall), then you guys would have ammo to trade up too. It would open up a world of opportunities if you get the right assets.