Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bout friggin time. The longer we wait, the more likely he is to get injured. 

Should see a lot of pieces fly off the shelf, I think. If Greene is willing to trade his NTC, we could be going super prospect heavy at the end of the year. Someone will take Greene on the basis of his shot blocking / 3rd line pairing / Pking. IF we can unload Lovejoy, we can unload Greene. Someone will take Simmonds, who is playing better than I thought and is still big and physical. If Vats isn't re-signed, he should be gone as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Should see a lot of pieces fly off the shelf, I think. If Greene is willing to trade his NTC, we could be going super prospect heavy at the end of the year. Someone will take Greene on the basis of his shot blocking / 3rd line pairing / Pking. IF we can unload Lovejoy, we can unload Greene. Someone will take Simmonds, who is playing better than I thought and is still big and physical. If Vats isn't re-signed, he should be gone as well. 

Yeah, should be a lot of spring cleaning coming. 

24 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, should be a lot of spring cleaning coming. 

Sounds like Colorado / NJ rumor

I don't love it unless we are getting Byram, which is never going to happen. Just not a huge fan of the other prospects that Colorado has, tbh. I'm seeing a lot of Jost + Zadarov + pick, which is largely meh to me. Zadarov is fine, but I don't see Jost being more than a bottom six type player. Kaut has not looked good in the minors, though I wouldn't mind getting Newhook back in a trade. 

• Like 1

Things that happened in this game: 

• Got blown out once again at home playing against a team that was on the back end of a back to back
  • 3rd period collapse. Down 1-0 to enter the period, we had a double minor powerplay to start the period along with a 5 minute major during the penalty. We scored on neither and gave up two goals in these situations. 
  • We went 0-8 on the power play which included a double minor and a major penalty. That was 19 minutes of power play time, minus the two we took during the major, for a grand total of 17 power play minutes. The last I saw (which was when we took the penalty during the major), we had a whopping 6 shots during those power play minutes. Not sure how many we had after that (about 4 more minutes of power play time), but I'd be surprised if it was a lot. 
  • We had nearly 3 times as many giveaways as the Rangers. 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Things that happened in this game: 

• Got blown out once again at home playing against a team that was on the back end of a back to back
  • 3rd period collapse. Down 1-0 to enter the period, we had a double minor powerplay to start the period along with a 5 minute major during the penalty. We scored on neither and gave up two goals in these situations. 
  • We went 0-8 on the power play which included a double minor and a major penalty. That was 19 minutes of power play time, minus the two we took during the major, for a grand total of 17 power play minutes. The last I saw (which was when we took the penalty during the major), we had a whopping 6 shots during those power play minutes. Not sure how many we had after that (about 4 more minutes of power play time), but I'd be surprised if it was a lot. 
  • We had nearly 3 times as many giveaways as the Rangers. 

Found it later. We generated 7 power play shots in total in over 15 minutes of power play time....

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Found it later. We generated 7 power play shots in total in over 15 minutes of power play time....

If Hynes survives this debacle, Shero can go with him. I'll never understand hitching your wagon to such a terrible coach. Not sure how you can watch this team and say "yeah, it's totally the players."

• Like 1