Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm willing to bet that Raanta is in the deal 100% if it's Arizona. They'd just ride with Kuemper and Hill the rest of the year.

I think he has to be. The only way he's not is if we take a true cap dump back for multiple years and get soderstrom for doing so. And I don't now l know if Arizona had anyone like that

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he has to be. The only way he's not is if we take a true cap dump back for multiple years and get soderstrom for doing so. And I don't now l know if Arizona had anyone like that

Yeah, I don't know enough about them to know who would be that guy. Almost every deal they have seems reasonable and the ones that could possibly match-up are ones with M-NTC's that we're almost guaranteed to be on. It's Raanta or we trade Hall elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I don't know enough about them to know who would be that guy. Almost every deal they have seems reasonable and the ones that could possibly match-up are ones with M-NTC's that we're almost guaranteed to be on. It's Raanta or we trade Hall elsewhere.

Sadly, the Avs still make the most sense to me. I'm really hoping for an over eager gm to up his game. I don't love the blues match, and if we can't get Harley from the stars, there is nothing there I like. The bruins system is really bad, so that's not a great fit

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sadly, the Avs still make the most sense to me. I'm really hoping for an over eager gm to up his game. I don't love the blues match, and if we can't get Harley from the stars, there is nothing there I like. The bruins system is really bad, so that's not a great fit

Let's just get this over with so we can move on to other deals lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

What do you think? Blow it up, or are you trying to get into the playoffs with this roster next year?

I probably get value where I can and acquire guys going forward that fit a particular system along with a coach that fits it. Would probably help to have the coach first, though. I'm all for trading Wood, Butcher, Palms and Severson, for the guys under contract. We need a total culture change and I don't see how that's possible while retaining everyone but the expirings.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

I probably get value where I can and acquire guys going forward that fit a particular system along with a coach that fits it. Would probably help to have the coach first, though. I'm all for trading Wood and Severson, for the guys under contract. We need a total culture change and I don't see how that's possible while retaining everyone but the expirings.

The lack of a coach really sucks. 

Sadly, I feel like we are just never going to give up on sevs 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Also....I gotta do it...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Kings. WTF did you expect giving Kovalchuk that contract!

Lol I saw that. They are just going to take the hit next year in full too. That's how bad they wanted out of that

Just now, Forge said:

The lack of a coach really sucks. 

Sadly, I feel like we are just never going to give up on sevs 

I think we will eventually. He hasn't developed whatsoever and is flat out lost half the time. Trade him for peanuts, I don't care. Just get him off my team.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Lol I saw that. They are just going to take the hit next year in full too. That's how bad they wanted out of that

Honestly, I'd rather be where we are, at the bottom but flexible as all hell, than where the Kings are. Yes, they won two cups but they hung on to that window waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long after it closed and they are set to be one of the worst franchises with absolutely no flexibility for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, I'd rather be where we are, at the bottom but flexible as all hell, than where the Kings are. Yes, they won two cups but they hung on to that window waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long after it closed and they are set to be one of the worst franchises with absolutely no flexibility for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

The Kings are the hockey equivalent to my SF Giants :(

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think we will eventually. He hasn't developed whatsoever and is flat out lost half the time. Trade him for peanuts, I don't care. Just get him off my team.

We should have moved him last year when his value was high. 

• Like 1