Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Also, whether it be Fitzgerald or our next GM, please shoot Miles Wood to the friggin' sun. I'm so tired of that goon. He's like the kid that can't stop in D2: The Mighty Ducks...except not good.

Lol. 

This is my third year on the anti wood wagon. I don't understand the love. Honestly, if we parked him on the 4th line and left him there, if probably be fine. His energy and speed is at least something in that spot. He's be overpaid like crazy, but minor quibble. But it's the fact that we would rather put him with Hughes and Nico than like boqvist or hell, even goose, that makes me want to lose my mind. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol. 

This is my third year on the anti wood wagon. I don't understand the love. Honestly, if we parked him on the 4th line and left him there, if probably be fine. His energy and speed is at least something in that spot. He's be overpaid like crazy, but minor quibble. But it's the fact that we would rather put him with Hughes and Nico than like boqvist or hell, even goose, that makes me want to lose my mind. 

IT'S SO ******* STUPID.

Why is he the guy you think of to replace Palms on the first line? HOW IS HE LIKE PALMS AT ALL? All he does is skate fast, commit O zone penalties and turn and fire blindly at the friggin' goal. He's not good at all. I'm fully convinced that Brett Seney is better than he is.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

IT'S SO ******* STUPID.

Why is he the guy you think of to replace Palms on the first line? HOW IS HE LIKE PALMS AT ALL? All he does is skate fast, commit O zone penalties and turn and fire blindly at the friggin' goal. He's not good at all. I'm fully convinced that Brett Seney is better than he is.

More primary 5x5 assists than Nico though lol

Just now, Forge said:

More primary 5x5 assists than Nico though lol

Dude, I hate that guy. Those stats don't mean **** if they are low quantity for everyone. 5x5 stats don't tell any story. If you're good enough, you're on the ******* power play. If you're restricted to 5x5 time only, you probably blow *** on offense or you're on a loaded team. We know which one it is for Miles.

I get it though, I'm an analytical guy, for baseball especially, but Jesus Christ. When a dude makes 95% boneheaded plays, I don't care about his primary friggin' assists. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE POSSESSIONS HE KILLS WITH THE PENALTIES AND BLINDLY SHOOTING AT THE GOAL? Do they not matter? 

My god, HF is terrible half the time and it's such a ****ty place because of groupthink that if you have a differing opinion, they all want their chance at ripping you a new one.

• Like 1

Also WTF does primary assists even show. We don't know unless we SEE the play. You can get a primary assist in your own zone if a dude gets a damn breakaway and scores WHILE carrying the puck the entire way. Like cool he got a primary assist for being the guy to get the puck first. Nice.

I watch Wood and I don't see some "oh **** that was a good pass" or play breakdown type of performance. I just see a dude that's in the right spot that happens to pass to the dude that FINALLY makes a shot for us. It's stupid. Nothing about Miles Wood is good. He's got size and speed but he's got **** else, especially in hockey sense. 

I hope we're only keeping him because he allows us to reach the salary floor easily lol.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, because he was #1 overall, and we love the potential, and obviously there's no reason for him to be in the AHL, but Jack simply is not an NHL player right now. He can't hold up against men. He should have probably cooked another season in juniors or at this point should probably be in the AHL. 

Obviously makes no sense to do this with the team as it currently stands, but he's simply not an NHL player right now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hate to say it, because he was #1 overall, and we love the potential, and obviously there's no reason for him to be in the AHL, but Jack simply is not an NHL player right now. He can't hold up against men. He should have probably cooked another season in juniors or at this point should probably be in the AHL. 

Obviously makes no sense to do this with the team as it currently stands, but he's simply not an NHL player right now. 

It would help him if there was any type of structure but we got him freelancing out there with no cohesion between whichever linemates he has. This system and the talent we've put with him have done him no favors whatsoever. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1