Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

LOL at the value Rangers fans are placing on Kreider. You got **** like Boston's 1st and John Beecher getting thrown around by Rangers fans or Kreider and a 3rd for Klostin and St. Louis's 1st lol. 

I've never seen an expiring ~45-50 point player get such an absurd value. Meanwhile, Devils fans are getting crapped on for having a high value on Blake Coleman and his 45 point pace with term still left and being younger than Kreider. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

LOL at the value Rangers fans are placing on Kreider. You got **** like Boston's 1st and John Beecher getting thrown around by Rangers fans or Kreider and a 3rd for Klostin and St. Louis's 1st lol. 

I've never seen an expiring ~45-50 point player get such an absurd value. Meanwhile, Devils fans are getting crapped on for having a high value on Blake Coleman and his 45 point pace with term still left and being younger than Kreider. 

I saw the two offers for Kreider in the thread. Complete joke. 

And then there are the guys who say that Palms get moved for a first rounder and that's it (and in a bit of trollishness, when someone asked what else was included, he said he wasn't sure what the devils would need to add...)

There are just way too many trolls on that board in general. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I saw the two offers for Kreider in the thread. Complete joke. 

And then there are the guys who say that Palms get moved for a first rounder and that's it (and in a bit of trollishness, when someone asked what else was included, he said he wasn't sure what the devils would need to add...)

There are just way too many trolls on that board in general. 

And they all know jack **** about the Devils lol. Love how they automatically assume that Coleman is only valuable because he's doing it on a bad team. Like, dude, then why the hell do you want him? Oh, he'd be perfect on your team? Oh, you want to give us your scraps because "lol he's not that good." Okay, totally. Yep. You want him because he's "not that good." Right.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And they all know jack **** about the Devils lol. Love how they automatically assume that Coleman is only valuable because he's doing it on a bad team. Like, dude, then why the hell do you want him? Oh, he'd be perfect on your team? Oh, you want to give us your scraps because "lol he's not that good." Okay, totally. Yep. You want him because he's "not that good." Right.

The problem that I find is that the Devils fans are somewhat irrational in some ways about returns, but at the same time, I think that they openly acknowledge that because they don't have to trade coleman or palms, and don't want to trade either, that it would take an overpayment to get either, which is something I find completely rational. They are open about that in the main board...like hey, if you want him, it will cost more than he's worth. Then when they say no to other teams because it's not an overpayment, the other teams get super bent out of shape LOL .It's actually a really funny cycle. 

I mean, ******* seriously?

TML fan...can't even count that lol. From my brief experience, they are horrific and plentiful at making offers. And there are a looooooooooooot of them. I've seen no less than like 6 Subban to leaf trade threads lol. 

I hadn't seen that one though. Thats brutal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem that I find is that the Devils fans are somewhat irrational in some ways about returns, but at the same time, I think that they openly acknowledge that because they don't have to trade coleman or palms, and don't want to trade either, that it would take an overpayment to get either, which is something I find completely rational. They are open about that in the main board...like hey, if you want him, it will cost more than he's worth. Then when they say no to other teams because it's not an overpayment, the other teams get super bent out of shape LOL .It's actually a really funny cycle. 

Yep. If they were expirings, I could understand it, but they (Palms, Pickles) both have term. If we're going to get lowballed at the deadline, we might as well wait until the draft and see how that plays out and get picks as it unfolds. Not too mention, you're getting Blake Coleman at less than $2 Million. Good luck finding 30 goal scorers for that price that are available on the market. Oh wait, you won't. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

TML fan...can't even count that lol. From my brief experience, they are horrific and plentiful at making offers. And there are a looooooooooooot of them. I've seen no less than like 6 Subban to leaf trade threads lol. 

I hadn't seen that one though. Thats brutal. 

Yes, a boom or bust small winger, a small winger who isn't a goal scorer, a 2nd round pick, a useless contract and bottom pairing LHD who is due an extension. Yes, great value for two legitimate NHLers with term. 

Yep. If they were expirings, I could understand it, but they (Palms, Pickles) both have term. If we're going to get lowballed at the deadline, we might as well wait until the draft and see how that plays out and get picks as it unfolds. Not too mention, you're getting Blake Coleman at less than $2 Million. Good luck finding 30 goal scorers for that price that are available on the market. Oh wait, you won't. 

Yeah, and the funny thing is, we are two of the posters more open to dealing both LOL. So it's not like we are super stuck on it. We are open minded about it. But damn, make a real offer. It has to include a 1st + *good* prospect to start off. Or a 1st + solid, youngish roster player. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, and the funny thing is, we are two of the posters more open to dealing both LOL. So it's not like we are super stuck on it. We are open minded about it. But damn, make a real offer. It has to include a 1st + *good* prospect to start off. Or a 1st + solid, youngish roster player. 

Yep. Entertain me, here. Be realistic. Quit treating this as "we HAVE to blow it up" and treat it as "two 30 goal wingers with extremely cost friendly term." 

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes, a boom or bust small winger, a small winger who isn't a goal scorer, a 2nd round pick, a useless contract and bottom pairing LHD who is due an extension. Yes, great value for two legitimate NHLers with term. 

The crazy thing is, Johnsson is hurt (out for at least 8 weeks with a knee injury), and he's twenty five years old. He's not a prospect. He's a middle / bottom sixer who plays on the top line of Toronto. Seriously, I don't evenn know why his value is much greater than Zacha. Sure, he's more productive, but he also plays on Toronto's top line! His two most common line mates are Auston Matthews (who he is on the ice with more than he is Frederick Anderson LOL) and William Nylander. Zacha is two years younger, and yes, hasn't produced to that level before (but seeing a nice jump this year), but his most common linemates? Miles Wood and Wayne Simmonds....

Then Bracco, who I kind of like, but is probably a AAAA player, to be honest. I love that they keep using him as a sort of headliner in deals. SDA is an interesting prospecting, but certainly not a top one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The crazy thing is, Johnsson is hurt (out for at least 8 weeks with a knee injury), and he's twenty five years old. He's not a prospect. He's a middle / bottom sixer who plays on the top line of Toronto. Seriously, I don't evenn know why his value is much greater than Zacha. Sure, he's more productive, but he also plays on Toronto's top line! His two most common line mates are Auston Matthews (who he is on the ice with more than he is Frederick Anderson LOL) and William Nylander. Zacha is two years younger, and yes, hasn't produced to that level before (but seeing a nice jump this year), but his most common linemates? Miles Wood and Wayne Simmonds....

Then Bracco, who I kind of like, but is probably a AAAA player, to be honest. I love that they keep using him as a sort of headliner in deals. SDA is an interesting prospecting, but certainly not a top one. 

We have enough boom or bust forwards so that's the last thing we should be trading for. That's why I think that deal is so friggin absurd. It does absolutely nothing for us while taking vastly away from the NHL team. So terrible.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. Entertain me, here. Be realistic. Quit treating this as "we HAVE to blow it up" and treat it as "two 30 goal wingers with extremely cost friendly term." 

I don't see why either yields considerably less than Zucker. I get that Zucker has a ton more term (3 years I tihnk, which isn't small) but he's hit 40 points in a season 3 times in his career (will probably do it this year, of course), scored 20 goals twice, and 30 once more. Palms has been a consistently better performer throughout his career. 

Just now, Forge said:

I don't see why either yields considerably less than Zucker. I get that Zucker has a ton more term (3 years I tihnk, which isn't small) but he's hit 40 points in a season 3 times in his career (will probably do it this year, of course), scored 20 goals twice, and 30 once more. Palms has been a consistently better performer throughout his career. 

I'm with ya. My only reasoning I can come up with is that they play for the Devils and the other plays for a team people can actually stomach watching? Cuz I have no other clue. 

• Like 1