Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Won't fight ya there. He certainly gets them ready to play but he's failed by sticking to the Hynes system.

I do like that he wants them going out there and playing. If this team had a legit defense, I think he'd look better. He's already better at handling lines than hynes. Not without his faults, but much better for the most part

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's signed through 2021 in Russia though. He isn't coming over to play in the AHL.

Is there a transfer agreement with the khl? Wonder if we could bring him over for a look and if he's not good enough, send him back to the khl like we could have done with boqvist

Just now, Forge said:

Is there a transfer agreement with the khl? Wonder if we could bring him over for a look and if he's not good enough, send him back to the khl like we could have done with boqvist

That's a good question for HF cuz I have no clue lol

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I got a good chuckle out of that. I didn't even know Lundell was Finnish lol.

I was going to make a big long post about it given my kakko love last year, how high I had kokkonen rated last year, etc. But just decided it wasn't worth it. 

I don't doubt that some would have a Finnish bias just like some get worried about Russians, but to throw it out as a blanket is not accurate

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's 20% off over on NHL Shop and I can't even bring myself to buy discounted stuff right now lol.

I'm actually checking it out. I could use a red brodeur to match the white one I have, but living in Vegas, there's not a lot of opportunity to really wear it lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was going to make a big long post about it given my kakko love last year, how high I had kokkonen rated last year, etc. But just decided it wasn't worth it. 

I don't doubt that some would have a Finnish bias just like some get worried about Russians, but to throw it out as a blanket is not accurate

That dude must be Finnish lol. I don't know half these dude's nationalities. I knew Peterka was German but had no idea that Reichel was so that San Jose-Germany connection was blind luck but I don't have the heart to tell STI lol

Just now, Forge said:

I'm actually checking it out. I could use a red brodeur to match the white one I have, but living in Vegas, there's not a lot of opportunity to really wear it lol

I need some new shirts but I can't see myself dropping $60 on the Devils when I have the Milwaukee Bucks in town. I'd be way more well off just buying more Bucks ****.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Also, you know how highly Cole Caufield is thought of as a goal scorer, right? Just want to point out that Tyce Thompson scored as many goals as him in 1 less game. 

I'd love to know where this came from for Thompson.