Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I want to trade zacha. Vince Dunn is apparently being shopped. I'd still be interested in that, but honestly, I just don't know how much different this team is without Zacha and just using some of these young kids. The one who hasn't quite panned out is Kuokkanen and he's getting better with each passing game. 

Just now, Forge said:

I want to trade zacha. Vince Dunn is apparently being shopped. I'd still be interested in that, but honestly, I just don't know how much different this team is without Zacha and just using some of these young kids. The one who hasn't quite panned out is Kuokkanen and he's getting better with each passing game. 

Just saw that about Dunn...don't understand that at all.  Healthy scratch tonight. 

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Just saw that about Dunn...don't understand that at all.  Healthy scratch tonight. 

Honestly, the moment they signed Krug his time should have been up. They did it to themselves to be honest. You're hoping that he becomes Krug and if you have them both, you're super, super soft on the left side. It's just a bad lineup projection. 

Just a total ****show tonight. Hit the post 4 different times, get 1 PP to their 5 despite the fact that they were the ones committing the penalties all damn night. These are the games I friggin' loathe. It's one thing to be outplayed, it's another thing to have games taken away from you by luck and other factors.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

No clue. Wouldn't even know where to start in a deal like that. 

Well, the thought is that everyone bypassed Dunn at at a first round. I just figured he'd make sense to send back as a cheap replacement body, doesn't impact us long term. So then we'd just have to add the actual trade pieces. HF is thinking 2nd + prospect.

I'd legit have no problem sending htem Zacha. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Would like to trade Subban at 50% retained for whatever we can get but I wouldn't be surprised if nobody would even want him at $4.5 Million.

Yeah, me too. I think we just have to eat that one for the next 2 years. 

It's crazy to think how much of our cap is wasted. Butcher's contract. PK's contract? That's seriously like 1/7 of our cap lol

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, me too. I think we just have to eat that one for the next 2 years. 

It's crazy to think how much of our cap is wasted. Butcher's contract. PK's contract? That's seriously like 1/7 of our cap lol

I think (hope) we'll be able to get Seattle to take him on in some way. Maybe we expose someone that they really want and then we trade them Subban?

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think (hope) we'll be able to get Seattle to take him on in some way. Maybe we expose someone that they really want and then we trade them Subban?

I don't think that I'm going to pay them to take him on. With one more year left after this year, I'm just kind of blah about it. They are going to need to hit the flood and at least PK can stir up some publicity for them, so in theory there are reasons they could want him, I suppose. 

Just now, Forge said:

I don't think that I'm going to pay them to take him on. With one more year left after this year, I'm just kind of blah about it. They are going to need to hit the flood and at least PK can stir up some publicity for them, so in theory there are reasons they could want him, I suppose. 

Well, with the flat cap, I think teams are going to expose plenty of guys with decent AAV's so I don't think Seattle with have a problem hitting the floor. I'd rather just pay them to take Subban on to get him off the damn ice. He's healthy scratch level bad at this point and we're icing friggin' Matt Tennyson.

• Like 1