Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

6 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

We are starting Nate Prosser tonight!!  You guys are in for a treat, this guy will make Robert Hagg look good and hasn't played in the NHL in a couple years. 

AV is such a clueless idiot

We start Matt Tennyson...every game...on purpose. NSJS.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Holy line shake ups, batman. 

I was coming to post this. I would've preferred Gusev with Hughes and Bratt but I get having Johnsson there for defensive purposes. I'm interested to see what Goose can do with Wood pushing the pace and Rango being the shooter.

Love getting Ty away from Tennyson too! But, if that's the case, why the hell isn't it Butcher-Kulikov??????

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I was coming to post this. I would've preferred Gusev with Hughes and Bratt but I get having Johnsson there for defensive purposes. I'm interested to see what Goose can do with Wood pushing the pace and Rango being the shooter.

Love getting Ty away from Tennyson too! But, if that's the case, why the hell isn't it Butcher-Kulikov??????

We really must not want anyone playing on their off hand. I can't figure this Tennyson thing out at this point. Like jesus, Butcher isn't that bad. 

Just now, Forge said:

We really must not want anyone playing on their off hand. I can't figure this Tennyson thing out at this point. Like jesus, Butcher isn't that bad. 

But we're fine with forwards playing their off hands? That makes no sense. Kulikov has played the right side plenty in the past. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

But we're fine with forwards playing their off hands? That makes no sense. Kulikov has played the right side plenty in the past. 

I can't figure it out. I mean, seriously...Butcher isn't *this* bad lol. Sure, he's a sheltered third pairing type, but I don't get this. I guess maybe the physicality of Tennyson or something? 

Just now, Forge said:

I can't figure it out. I mean, seriously...Butcher isn't *this* bad lol. Sure, he's a sheltered third pairing type, but I don't get this. I guess maybe the physicality of Tennyson or something? 

He's not even that physical tho. It's not like he's out there laying bombs or winning board battles. He's worthless. Why not go with Kulikov-Carrick then if it's a hand thing? The Kulikov-Tennyson line is going to give us zero offense from the blue line. Kulikov can clear the zone but that's the extent of his offensive abilities at this point.

Just now, Forge said:

I was seriously typing out how it would be so devils to hit the post 4 times against the back up and then just have Hart play out of his mind the second game of this series. 

Dude, Jack and Bratt already looking amazing together. They've made magic like 3 times already tonight.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, Jack and Bratt already looking amazing together. They've made magic like 3 times already tonight.

This is where I do like Johnsson and the style he plays because I'm hoping his grittiness keeps them from getting completely caved in.