Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

How do you feel about the last two expansion drafts? Do you like the league helping them to be super competitive right away? I feel like I do. 

Of course. The last thing you want, in a new market, is a crappy product like the Thrashers were. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Of course. The last thing you want, in a new market, is a crappy product like the Thrashers were. 

Agreed. And it's bigger than that. As a hockey fan in general, I just don't need to see the senators coming back into the league ever again 😂 they were so bad when they came back

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed. And it's bigger than that. As a hockey fan in general, I just don't need to see the senators coming back into the league ever again 😂 they were so bad when they came back

We were the first team to lose to them in a playoff series 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

I'd much rather do that than 7x9.5 but would he want to leave $10+ Million on the table to take a shorter deal? 

You're right. I'm sure someone will offer that. 

Damn.

Would I offer 7x10.5? I'm not going to lie... I'd consider it. Like legitimately. I'm not a big blow your wad on FA guy, but he's a damn unicorn. 

Just now, Forge said:

You're right. I'm sure someone will offer that. 

Damn.

Would I offer 7x10.5? I'm not going to lie... I'd consider it. Like legitimately. I'm not a big blow your wad on FA guy, but he's a damn unicorn. 

Well, we gotta spend our money at some point and, if he gets to UFA, he's one of the few types that would be worth it. We'd have to go that high for him, for sure. He's only turning 28 so we'd get 4-5 years of great play out of him, at least, before he would potentially begin to fall off, one would think.

Well, we gotta spend our money at some point and, if he gets to UFA, he's one of the few types that would be worth it. We'd have to go that high for him, for sure. He's only turning 28 so we'd get 4-5 years of great play out of him, at least, before he would potentially begin to fall off, one would think.

I'd trade our fourth for his negotiation rights in a heartbeat if we really want to make a push. Hell, maybe our third depending on the trade

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's funny that you mentioned the Senators but not the Lightning. They were a joke a lot longer than the Sens were. One playoff appearance in their first 10 years. 12 years in, they got a cup though.

Ottawa was just sooooooo bad. Tampa had nearly as many wins in their second year as Ottawa had in their first three combined

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd trade our fourth for his negotiation rights in a heartbeat if we really want to make a push. Hell, maybe our third depending on the trade

How many teams can even compete with us IRT cap space? If it's all bottom of the barrel types that have the space, you'd think he'd have us near the top of his preferred teams. Massive RHD hole at the top, massive cap room, Jack Hughes.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

How many teams can even compete with us IRT cap space? If it's all bottom of the barrel types that have the space, you'd think he'd have us near the top of his preferred teams. Massive RHD hole at the top, massive cap room, Jack Hughes.

Access to museums in New York