Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't see it, that's why I focused on #41. I don't think Loui's $6 Million would effect us at all. We'd still have $31 Million left to use.

I definitely see it. But you have to give up the player which impacts is trying to win. 9 means nothing to Benning if he doesn't believe he'll be there to reap the benefits. 

Zacha for 9 (take Loui back if necessary even)? What about wood + nyi 1st for #9 and kole lind? Something like that. 

Also, supposedly, Schmidt wants out. That's the play for us, I think

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I definitely see it. But you have to give up the player which impacts is trying to win. 9 means nothing to Benning if he doesn't believe he'll be there to reap the benefits. 

Zacha for 9 (take Loui back if necessary even)? What about wood + nyi 1st for #9 and kole lind? Something like that. 

Also, supposedly, Schmidt wants out. That's the play for us, I think

Eh, we'll see. Never know with Benning. Quick idea was just taking Loui's cap hit for a legit draft pick.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Eh, we'll see. Never know with Benning. Quick idea was just taking Loui's cap hit for a legit draft pick.

I just don't have a ton of interest in 41. Woo + Loui for vukojevic? I don't know how woo has progressed, truthfully. 

I'd do whatever I can to get to 9 though given we have the isles first. Dropping 10 or so spots in this draft for some immediate help (whether it's a player, salary cap relief via Loui) should be a major interest to Benning

If you got the draft to break right (someone jumping the line for wallstedt), I'm not so sure someone like Johnson isn't there at 9 

I just don't have a ton of interest in 41. Woo + Loui for vukojevic? I don't know how woo has progressed, truthfully. 

I'd do whatever I can to get to 9 though given we have the isles first. Dropping 10 or so spots in this draft for some immediate help (whether it's a player, salary cap relief via Loui) should be a major interest to Benning

If you got the draft to break right (someone jumping the line for wallstedt), I'm not so sure someone like Johnson isn't there at 9 

I mean if it's something like Loui and 9 for 21, sure, go for it. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean if it's something like Loui and 9 for 21, sure, go for it. 

That's what I'm thinking. Something more along those lines. Not sure Loui alone gets it done, but there should definitely be something workable in there

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's what I'm thinking. Something more along those lines. Not sure Loui alone gets it done, but there should definitely be something workable in there

Loui and Beagle might do it. Beagle's contract drops to a 5 team NTC next year so he might waive if we're on it. That's $9 Million in space. Could take Holtby as well, depending on how they feel about him. He's been pretty, pretty bad lately and has another year at $4.3 Million (and we need a #2 so there's a spot for him). His contract is only a 4 team NTC.

I would definitely explore the Schmidt angle but he's turning 30 with 4 more years at $5.95 Million AAV.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I would definitely explore the Schmidt angle but he's turning 30 with 4 more years at $5.95 Million AAV.

I feel like Schmidt would appeal to us specifically just because I have to believe he'd be cheap as hell.  Maybe not quite joey Anderson cheap, but not far off

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like Schmidt would appeal to us specifically just because I have to believe he'd be cheap as hell.  Maybe not quite joey Anderson cheap, but not far off

I mean, Nate makes sense with his ability to play both sides but he'd have to come really, really cheap or with a spec/pick attached for me to consider it.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:15 PM, beekay414 said:

Edmonton down 2-0 to the Jets, somehow. So, that Kulikov pick is trending to be a 4th rounder unless the Oilers can rattle off 4 of the next 5.

lol Oilers blow a 4-1 3rd period lead and lose 5-4 in OT to go down 3-0. 4th rounder for Kulikov, it is.

• Like 1

If we could sign Dougie 5x5, there would legitimately be people who say no lol. Probably claim we were blocking Walsh 😂

Dude, we've got someone advocating to trade Janne Kuokkanen along with #21 to take Loui back along with #9. Like wtf lol.

Also, Quest for Stanley is 100% Brett Seney or someone related to him/knows him, right? lol

• Like 1