Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Studenic doesn't belong, man.

I really think that they are just using him for the legs right now. Any time I've ever seen him, he's struck me as an AHLer. Not anything wrong with that, but I think that is what he is for sure. I wonder if we will see more up and down movement due to some of the guys, especially the younger guys, not having a full season in a long time. Like, there's no way that Mercer gets through this season without hitting a wall. 

Just now, Forge said:

I really think that they are just using him for the legs right now. Any time I've ever seen him, he's struck me as an AHLer. Not anything wrong with that, but I think that is what he is for sure. I wonder if we will see more up and down movement due to some of the guys, especially the younger guys, not having a full season in a long time. Like, there's no way that Mercer gets through this season without hitting a wall. 

Thing is, Studenic has to go through waivers. That's what makes me think he's in that Bastian role 100%.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Thing is, Studenic has to go through waivers. That's what makes me think he's in that Bastian role 100%.

Ugh. He's really not an NHLer. That's rough. 

Remember when he was the type of player that Triumph didn't want to block by claiming a guy like Svechnikov? Good times lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Ugh. He's really not an NHLer. That's rough. 

Remember when he was the type of player that Triumph didn't want to block by claiming a guy like Svechnikov? Good times lol 

I'm hoping he's just in Wood's spot for now and we're okay exposing him. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Regardless, I'd rather Thompson be up.

I can't wait to be fully healthy (if we ever are, obviously no guarantee in hockey) because I think this team could be good. Offensively, we're going to be fun af but defensively, we're still on the struggle bus outside of Ham & Gravy. It'll be nice kicking Siegs and Subban down to the 3rd pair tho.

Just now, beekay414 said:

How do we let that happen? We're in tight and we're letting clean passes get through? How? Whoever runs our PK needs to be fired. Made no sense to bring the same staff back.

I think it's still Nas. 

We were lucky that they didn't score on the first PP as well. It already looks like a disaster.