Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Vesey as 13th forward. 

Pretty good with it man. It's exciting

Yep. Let Boqvist, Foote, Thompson and Clarke develop in Utica.

Foote-Boqvist-Clarke
Greer-Talvitie-Thompson
De Leo-Schnarr-Zetterlund
Gambardella-Irvine-Flynn

I'm sure it'll be some mix where Clarke centers a line with Flynn or De Leo and stuff like that but you get the gist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I just love it man. I really hope this carries over to the regular season

I'm still getting flash daydream nightmares when I see #7 on the ice but then it hits me that it's someone just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit better than Matt Tennyson.

• Like 1

Also, if Zacha and Rango are anywhere near as trigger happy as they've been this camp/pre-season, they're both going to score a **** ton of goals. They both have excellent shots and the issue was always being gun shy, especially Pavel. Add in Holtz's shot, especially his wrister, and we've got some gunslingers at wing.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

No shocks thus far. 

Hot take....I'm kind of out on Foote right now. May change, and I look forward to watching him get more seasoning in the AHL, but I'll say right now that ever time I watched him in the preseason, I thought he looked slow and clunky as hell. He has a nice scoring touch, but I'm not sure that it what we would need him for going forward. I think his role would morph into a Bastian type role as a power forward, and I don't think that's really him. 

I'd kind of be into trading Foote. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd kind of be into trading Foote. 

That'll probably happen as we continue towards competing. We'll eventually start consolidating assets and, with Foote not being a fit and having pedigree, he's one of the first names that'll likely go. I'd expect Boqvist to be another one. 

Listening to Devil's insider Space on twitter. Fairly interesting. One things that Holtz is getting sent down because he has slowly moved down the lines as camp has gone on; he was slated to be on the 4th line yesterday, and apparently now he's listed as an extra skater. 

The other thinks we should keep Holtz and either put him at the top with Jack, or keep him with the big club if Mercer is your 3c, but *not* if Pavel is the 3c lol. I found that funny. 

Both think Mercer is a lock.