Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Man, I'd love to end up wrong about that kid. If he starts thriving as a top 4 dman ON THAT team, then we, once again, found another mid-to-late round diamond in the rough.

Oh and I look really stupid leaving him off our top 30 prospects lol

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Holtz definitely going down. Don't like the idea of keeping the Hughes line the same. Kuokkanen is a, solid player, should not be top 6

I'm alright with it. Janne does the things that Jack doesn't want to do. He's good enough to play top 6 minutes until Holtz is ready. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Perfectly fine with this. I thought he played well enough on the PTO and he's the type of guy that makes all the sense in the world to have fill out your 4th line. 

This is the thing that Benning could just never get down and why he's such a bad GM Lol. He's always giving guys like this 2 million as opposed to just signing some guys on a PTO and giving them this kind of contract when there is basically no difference. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm alright with it. Janne does the things that Jack doesn't want to do. He's good enough to play top 6 minutes until Holtz is ready. 

I don't think Janne has the has the shot to really take advantage of being paired with Jack or help Jack explode. 

Mercer would have been perfect, but I'd rather him be a center. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Perfectly fine with this. I thought he played well enough on the PTO and he's the type of guy that makes all the sense in the world to have fill out your 4th line. 

This is the thing that Benning could just never get down and why he's such a bad GM Lol. He's always giving guys like this 2 million as opposed to just signing some guys on a PTO and giving them this kind of contract when there is basically no difference. 

Are you implying that Jay Beagle and Antoine Roussel aren't worth $3 Million AAV?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think Janne has the has the shot to really take advantage of being paired with Jack or help Jack explode. 

Mercer would have been perfect, but I'd rather him be a center. 

That's what Yegor's for. Janne is a pretty legit puck retriever and, when Jack's on the ice, you want as much possession as possible so it makes some sense. 

• Like 1

Listened to Steve K's Devils preview. 

Every time I listen to him, I laugh at the accent, but also remember how much that dude just loves hockey. I mean, he really does. 

I don't agree with everything he says (I think he leans into narratives / eye test too much), but I give him kudos for trying to do this with every team. Some of it's pretty bad (he has Wood listed on our first line at one point and Studenic as a top 9 forward), but it was funny hearing him rip into the people who really hated on Mookie when he was drafted talkiing about how good he looks now 

• Like 1