Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Not much to take from that. If anything, other than that rocket of a shot, Nico may have been just a tad late on the rotation.

Nico has been brutally bad through 4 periods. Nothing to be concerned about, but damn. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nico has been brutally bad through 4 periods. Nothing to be concerned about, but damn. 

I know this has been chatted about a bit on HF but he really may be playing his way into the 3rd line C role in the future if Hughes cements himself as a high profile #1 and Mercer takes off. I'll give him a pass until Ruff finds a line that works with him because he's had nothing but turds anchored to his left wing so far (Johnsson, Wood).

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I know this has been chatted about a bit on HF but he really may be playing his way into the 3rd line C role in the future if Hughes cements himself as a high profile #1 and Mercer takes off. I'll give him a pass until Ruff finds a line that works with him because he's had nothing but turds anchored to his left wing so far (Johnsson, Wood).

Yeah, I could see it. I do have concerns that he is what he is at this point, but I don't think the contract will ever be god awful or anything given the production I expect and the age it runs through. He'll be fine, but I don't think he's The Dude I thought he was going to be early on. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I could see it. I do have concerns that he is what he is at this point, but I don't think the contract will ever be god awful or anything given the production I expect and the age it runs through. He'll be fine, but I don't think he's The Dude I thought he was going to be early on. 

Crazy thing is, he's still a 0.6 PPG player. He's basically our Kevin Hayes with that contract and production, except a lot younger with more upside if he ever gets right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

This offense could be fun. 

I changed back to College Football but it's going to be damn good IMO. They were good 5v5 last year with way less talent. There's no reason to think they won't be one of the better 5v5 teams in the league with the talent added.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Miles Wood should not be on any of our special teams, especially the PP tbqh. Offensively, he handles the puck like a hot potato and defensively, he's...well...not that good. 

Couldn't agree more. I love him as a bottom 6 *hit stirrer and think he's really good at. But special teams does not utilize *any* of his strengths. 

• Like 1