Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Tatar-Hughes-Sharangovich
Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Kuokkanen-Mercer-Thompson
Wood-McLeod-Vesey

Would be my forwards going into the season as it stands after tonight. Johnsson can glue his *** to a seat in the press box or get waived.

I think holtz is making the team. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Where does he play?

Sharangovich-Hughes-Holtz
Tatar-Hischier-Bratt
Kuokkanen-Zacha-Mercer
Wood-McLeod-Thompson/Vesey

????

I'm putting him with Jack until they show that they can't do it, which is a possibility. That's a whole lot of skill without a ton of puck retrieval lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I'm putting him with Jack until they show that they can't do it, which is a possibility. That's a whole lot of skill without a ton of puck retrieval lol

Well, the Tatar-Zacha-Kuokkanen was pretty damn bad tonight (~9 minutes, 25% CF%) so let's not do that one.

Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Tatar-Mercer-Vesey
Wood-McLeod-Kuokkanen

Honestly, I'd try to trade Wood right now. I just don't like forcing him into the lineup. He's good but I'd rather see what we have in Tyce Thompson going forward. I mean, I know we could just not sign Vesey but I like what he brings for us and we could get something solid for Wood IMO.

Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Tatar-Mercer-Thompson/Kuokkanen
Vesey/Kuokkanen-McLeod-Vesey/Thompson

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

FAqHQqBXoAICkZ0?format=jpg&name=medium

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

Shocking that a Zacha centered line cratered. Makes some sense though. Zacha goal and kuokkanen goal were power plays and tatar was a delayed penalty. Tatar and Zacha made pretty plays, but I mentioned on hf that I wanted to see it result in shots, not too many passes which eventually get picked

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Shocking that a Zacha centered line cratered. Makes some sense though. Zacha goal and kuokkanen goal were power plays and tatar was a delayed penalty. Tatar and Zacha made pretty plays, but I mentioned on hf that I wanted to see it result in shots, not too many passes which eventually get picked

Yeah, who knows. I just don't think Zacha needs to be on the dot. Just put Mercer there. He's taking it by the horns right now and you're going to force a square peg into a round hole after Zacha flashed on the wing last year? Makes no sense to me. Don't overthink it.

I'd kill to be Ruff right now. We have so many intriguing forward options, the offense should be fun as hell. We're going to be a bubble team barring injuries/Covid and how good we really are will revolve around special teams and the blue line.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, who knows. I just don't think Zacha needs to be on the dot. Just put Mercer there. He's taking it by the horns right now and you're going to force a square peg into a round hole after Zacha flashed on the wing last year? Makes no sense to me. Don't overthink it.

I'd kill to be Ruff right now. We have so many intriguing forward options, the offense should be fun as hell. We're going to be a bubble team barring injuries/Covid and how good we really are will revolve around special teams and the blue line.

I hate the idea that they keep wanting to put Zacha in the middle. So frustrating and I don't think they are going away from it. 

But offensively, this team could be really freaking fun. 

• Like 1