Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's created at least one high quality shot every game and could easily have 3 goals...but its possible he gets the bump soon. Outside of those shots, he hasn't generated a ton of offense. Doesn't look terribly out of place, but he may be in that inbetweener spot right now. 

I'd probably just keep him up, but they gave him his shot and I can't fault them if they go in another direction right now. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's created at least one high quality shot every game and could easily have 3 goals...but its possible he gets the bump soon. Outside of those shots, he hasn't generated a ton of offense. Doesn't look terribly out of place, but he may be in that inbetweener spot right now. 

I'd probably just keep him up, but they gave him his shot and I can't fault them if they go in another direction right now. 

Just use the 9 games or whatever before you have to decide on his contract sliding or not. If he's out of place still, dump him and save a year.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just use the 9 games or whatever before you have to decide on his contract sliding or not. If he's out of place still, dump him and save a year.

I'm just not sure if I want to use all of those up right now. 

I'd send him down now and then bring him back up with Jack so I can get a look at how he would be with that. As someone on HF said, he and Zacha seems like a bad combo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Crosby and Ovi have to retire at some point, right? 

Meanwhile Ovi racking up nearly 2 points per game at this juncture lol

Pens are going to be BAD when Crosby/Malkin hang 'em up. Their system is pretty crappy and they don't have a goalie to carry them. 

Ovi is not human. I'm convinced he's going to Jagr this until he catches Gretzky in goals and maybe even beyond. The Caps may even keep paying him bigger money to do so since you can't let that man wear another sweater.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Pens are going to be BAD when Crosby/Malkin hang 'em up. Their system is pretty crappy and they don't have a goalie to carry them. 

Ovi is not human. I'm convinced he's going to Jagr this until he catches Gretzky in goals and maybe even beyond. The Caps may even keep paying him bigger money to do so since you can't let that man wear another sweater.

I think Malkin is likely gone after this year? I can't remember for sure, but I kept thinking that his contract was up after this one. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm just not sure if I want to use all of those up right now. 

I'd send him down now and then bring him back up with Jack so I can get a look at how he would be with that. As someone on HF said, he and Zacha seems like a bad combo. 

I passed out before I could respond to this (I was half asleep when I liked it lol). I'm sure that'll be part of the plan. We have a ton of depth IMO and it's going to be hard to figure out what our best lineups will be for a while, until we see who plays well with Jackie. It's awesome to have since injuries are so prevalent in hockey but that also means we're either going to leave some good hockey players down in Utica, lose some to waivers in season or have to deal for picks/defense. 

We are in such a good place right now, man. Ton of forward talent. Defensive talent looking better and better and our goalies look great at each pro level.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think Malkin is likely gone after this year? I can't remember for sure, but I kept thinking that his contract was up after this one. 

Yeah, his contract is done after this year. Do wonder what happens with him. Whether he continues to play in the NHL, retires, or continues his career in the KHL.