Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I rarely go on HF. I know he was adamant that Johnsson was trash but, other than that, I'm not sure what else he'd be getting buried for.

Yeah, there was the dug in stance that Johnsson wasn't an NHLer lol. He's now arguing that Zacha isn't a black hole at 5 on 5 (he's saying it's all based on pseudo analytic theory lol), and previously during the off season he had yelled about the devils trading second round picks for a guy like  Graves (for that one I wrote this big long diatribe about how many second round picks actually become top 6 / top 4 players and how he grossly overvalued the pick). He also had a dug in stance that he wouldn't have traded the Islanders' first round pick last year for Conor Garland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Utica won again lol

Zetterlund having a nice boost in production this year. Nearly ppg player in Utica. Honestly, if they wanted to give him a call up soon and push Holtz back down until Jack is healthy, I don't hate the idea. 

Also, Foote has just been a complete no show in Utica. Very odd. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean that's likely his spot long term and that's fine. He can still get 15-18 a night.

That was my argument as well. But some people would rather see if he can be a shutdown winger on the top line. I get what they are saying, but until we have a competent 3c, it doesn't matter anyway. I'm not entrusting the bottom 6 to Mikey and Boqvist long term. 

Just now, Forge said:

That was my argument as well. But some people would rather see if he can be a shutdown winger on the top line. I get what they are saying, but until we have a competent 3c, it doesn't matter anyway. I'm not entrusting the bottom 6 to Mikey and Boqvist long term. 

Yeah, 3C is more important than top 6 RW when we have natural wingers in the system. You always take the guy on the dot. I mean, I guess it helps Jack out since Mercer could take more meaningful faceoffs but why mess with what isn't broken?

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Pavel wide open and passing up the show from a high danger spot to make a pass that doesn't connect.....like, this is why I dislike you sometimes, Zahca lol

Alex Holtz needs to sit down with him and try to drill the shoot mentality into his head. Zacha's just not a smart player.

• Like 1