Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah I read that as well on my break at work. Also saw that Holtz was sent back to Utica and De Leo is the call-up.

De Leo has been a monster in Utica, but he seems to be a AAAA player given he's 26. Not sure why they bothered with that. Has to be a 13th forward situation and they don't want to sit the kids for a long period of time. 

Holtz was underwhelming in his stint in terms of raw production, but he had a lot of good chances and he'll pot some eventually. The offense isn't good enough at the NHL level right now to make up for his other deficiencies. Get him back up here when Jack is available. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Kraken waived Bastian lol

We should claim him and cut bait with Geertsen

We should 100% claim him. Hell, we were the ones that gave him that contract, so clearly we are okay with it financially. We could use a bigger body guy who can play some, and he's a right handed shot to boot. 

So funny that people were legitimately advocating for giving Seattle something not to take him lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I can't believe how many penalties we take in the offensive zone and how many we take when we are on the power play 

Well, it feels like the refs call us so god damn tight as it is. How much is it us and how much is it the refs? I've seen that Dougie move happen tons vs us and we rarely get the call.