Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He and De Leo only played 5 minutes last night, so I definitely think it would be one of them. 

Think Zetterlund goes back down, for sure. I just don't want to see a Geertsen-McLeod-Bastian line. It'll be good for forechecking but will result in exactly zero goals since none of them have puck skills lol. Give them someone that can carry the puck at least.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

After this season? Yes, probably. We'll retain his rights so maybe he'll grow over there and we'll get him back down the line.

I think that there is a reasonable shot at it for sure. He was doing well in the AHL, but I just don't know if that is at all appealing compared to the SHL. 

Just now, Forge said:

I think that there is a reasonable shot at it for sure. He was doing well in the AHL, but I just don't know if that is at all appealing compared to the SHL. 

Yeah, no, I think that's the path we should explore. Let him go make some pro money over there, develop with consistent ice time and bring him back when we have a more prominent spot for him. We're at that spot where we're trying to be competitive so we can't afford for him to develop up here. We botched his development by not just swallowing the bullet and letting him play consistent minutes the past two seasons. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, no, I think that's the path we should explore. Let him go make some pro money over there, develop with consistent ice time and bring him back when we have a more prominent spot for him. We're at that spot where we're trying to be competitive so we can't afford for him to develop up here. We botched his development by not just swallowing the bullet and letting him play consistent minutes the past two seasons. 

The minute he made the team a couple of years ago, we needed to concede to him struggling at points. Making him a 13th forward for 3+ months because of the transfer agreement was just a horrible idea. When we decided he couldn't hack it in the regular season, he 100% should have gone back to Sweden...throwing on a position change the following year (and pandemic issues) and it's been one of the worst development tracks I've ever seen lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

The minute he made the team a couple of years ago, we needed to concede to him struggling at points. Making him a 13th forward for 3+ months because of the transfer agreement was just a horrible idea. When we decided he couldn't hack it in the regular season, he 100% should have gone back to Sweden...throwing on a position change the following year (and pandemic issues) and it's been one of the worst development tracks I've ever seen lol 

Yep, just a brutal display of incompetence there. We don't really do a very good job of NHL development tbh. Mercer is only so good because he forced his way on to the team. Yegor developed in the AHL and overseas, mainly. Zacha is...well...Zacha still. Nico has kinda just been the same player he's always been. A good player, sure, but he hasn't progressed much at all. Jack's just friggin' special so he doesn't count and we've done our best to limit him with less than ideal linemates lol.

• Like 1