Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think if Savoie were 6 feet, he's be legit competition for Shane Wright at #1 overall. He's a terrible fit for us, though given what we have. I'd still consider it. 

Let's put it this way...if Columbus offered us 6 and 12 for 2, I'd probably do it because I think Cooley is a top 5 lock and I'd be happy with any of Slaf, The defensemen or Savoie

Honestly, if we're taking a forward over Jiricek/Nemec, it better be someone with Slaf's type of skillset/size combination and not another small, skilled forward. And, just telling how random this draft is, if we did take a small, skilled forward, the guy I'd want isn't Cooley or Savoie. It's Nazar.

And I'm laughing at the #2 overall pick thread on HF right now. It didn't take long for the Slaf = Zacha comparisons to start.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, if we're taking a forward over Jiricek/Nemec, it better be someone with Slaf's type of skillset/size combination and not another small, skilled forward. And, just telling how random this draft is, if we did take a small, skilled forward, the guy I'd want isn't Cooley or Savoie. It's Nazar.

And I'm laughing at the #2 overall pick thread on HF right now. It didn't take long for the Slaf = Zacha comparisons to start.

Well, thats the fit part of it that is definitely a bit rough. But I do believe that he's the best forward available at #2 if you're going that way. Kid is sooooooooo explosive. Will have no problems getting around defenders at the next level. His lateral movement is really, really nice. I just think he's a flat out better player right now. Of course, he'll never be able to do what Slaf does, and he'll never be able to provide what Slaf does for a team that desperately needs what Slaf can bring lol. 

I haven't looked in on that. Did they bring it up because of hte lack of production? Because the lack of production is different when you're playing in Liiga and when you're playing in the freaking OHL LOL. 

Sometimes, people don't get that over there. I remember trying to explain to someone why torching the MHL wasn't better htan a player struggling to put up points in the KHL and I can't even begin to count  the conversations i had about Raymond in the SHL 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, thats the fit part of it that is definitely a bit rough. But I do believe that he's the best forward available at #2 if you're going that way. Kid is sooooooooo explosive. Will have no problems getting around defenders at the next level. His lateral movement is really, really nice. I just think he's a flat out better player right now. Of course, he'll never be able to do what Slaf does, and he'll never be able to provide what Slaf does for a team that desperately needs what Slaf can bring lol. 

He very well may be better right now but I think Slaf has the higher ceiling and just offers something that's much more difficult to find. Like you said, we need what Slaf brings far more than what Savoie does. If we take a forward over Jiricek or Nemec, it better be Slafkovsky.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I haven't looked in on that. Did they bring it up because of hte lack of production? Because the lack of production is different when you're playing in Liiga and when you're playing in the freaking OHL LOL. 

It's almost like you've posted over there or something!

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sometimes, people don't get that over there. I remember trying to explain to someone why torching the MHL wasn't better htan a player struggling to put up points in the KHL and I can't even begin to count  the conversations i had about Raymond in the SHL

Remember, this is the same forum that **** all over Nico for a slow start coming back from multiple injuries, said we wasted a pick trading for Siegenthaler after 7 games and, well, *gestures at the Jack Hughes discourse of the prior 2 seasons*.

• Like 1

I wanna know wtf we saw in Chase Stillman, man. That pick is going to piss me off. If you're going to waste a pick, waste a later one via trading up.

We couldn't do better than 22 and 90 to get up to 20 to take Wallstedt ffs? Or, you know, just taken Scott Morrow like I was screaming for?

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If Montreal takes someone other than wright, you're taking him, right?

Wright? Absolutely. I don't understand where the questions are coming from IRT Wright. He should be the clear cut #1 pick and his upside is still massive. I think Wright is going to be a 2 way stalwart who puts up 80-90 points ala Kopitar. Everybody wants the flash when talking these prospects but you win Cups with Shane Wright.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Wright? Absolutely. I don't understand where the questions are coming from IRT Wright. He should be the clear cut #1 pick and his upside is still massive. I think Wright is going to be a 2 way stalwart who puts up 80-90 points ala Kopitar. Everybody wants the flash when talking these prospects but you win Cups with Shane Wright.

He was a ppg+ as a D -2 😂

People have gone way overboard at this point.