Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's really crazy to think how different this blue line is going to be next year, and then particularly the year after. I don't think that we are going to re-sign Vats. Greene will ride off into the sunset. I think Mueller will be around, Butcher too. But those two guys may be it when it comes to who is still here in 2 years. Severson has the contract, obviously, but I still feel like at some point, he's going to be on his way out. 

I'm interested to see how everything plays out. The Carolina/Fox stuff wouldn't happen until after Carolina is eliminated so it'd still be a while if there's any truth to it. It's only April 15th and I'm already getting impatient lol.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Our draft ammo. 

#55 (Nashville)
#60 (Boston)
#70 (Anaheim)
#80 (Dallas)

I still can't believe we got #55 and #80 for Boyle and Lovejoy. 

giphy.gif

In 2 years, if we re-sign Hall, we could be legitimately stacked (also assuming Mac pans out) 

I am hoping the isles do even better in the playoffs and we can work some trade magic to have them take on someone like zajac for the remainder of his contract while we get a good prospect. If they get close enough, they may decide to go for broke after the season

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, beekay414 said:

We will. If we're not going to be in play for Panarin, Skinner, Eberle or Dzingel, I'm still pounding the table for Miles Wood and a 2nd to Minnesota for Jason Zucker. Had a down year but he's still only 27 and is under contract for a reasonable $5.5 Million until 2022-23. 

You were pretty on with Zucker. Was almost traded to Calgary, expected to remain out there

Per Michael Russo at the athletic

While it would seem to be a huge risk to trade one of their fastest players a year removed from scoring a career-high 33 goals and from a team that’s downright pathetic offensively, trading Zucker seems like just a matter of time. Fenton is committed to building through young players like Fiala and Donato, so it would make sense to try to get them on their natural left side full-time. Trading Zucker opens up that spot for achieving the former or pursuing somebody like Anders Lee in free agency. Also, Zucker, for the first time, will submit a 10-team no-trade list July 1, so trading him beforehand allows Fenton to talk to 30 teams as opposed to 20.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@Forge Miles Wood and Nashville's 2nd. I'm all over that. 

For some reason, Casey masisak thinks wood is nearly untouchable. Or as likely to be traded as bratt. I don't understand the love affair with wood. Dude is fast. Great. He's not skilled and he is undisciplined

Just now, Forge said:

For some reason, Casey masisak thinks wood is nearly untouchable. Or as likely to be traded as bratt. I don't understand the love affair with wood. Dude is fast. Great. He's not skilled and he is undisciplined

It's because of his size and how we lack it. I'm baffled by it as well. If we can get Zucker for him, there's no ******* way you can say no. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I got a "I'd like to keep Wood" response to that deal on Hockey's Future. Like...they almost had Frolik and a 1st from Calgary for him. They aren't taking McLeod and a 2nd lol.

That place is horrific about trade offers. Everyone is always unhappy about something. They always treat their own pieces as though they are Crosby and give them way too much value

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

That place is horrific about trade offers. Everyone is always unhappy about something. They always treat their own pieces as though they are Crosby and give them way too much value

I did like something that StevenToddIves mentioned. John Quenneville to Edmonton for Ethan Bear. That trade makes too much sense not to happen. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I did like something that StevenToddIves mentioned. John Quenneville to Edmonton for Ethan Bear. That trade makes too much sense not to happen. 

That does make sense. Qvilles time is absolutely up here. Change of scenery is badly needed. He's basically in Nick lappin territory now except lappin was a udfa and not a first round pick

• Like 1

I saw a couple of contract projects for Zacha and Butcher. Both 2 years, Zacha 2.1M, Butcher 2.3. I'm fine with either of those numbers. Zacha is probably worth that figure on his defense (particularly his penalty kill) alone. Butcher I'm only sort of lukewarm on as a player, but that's an easily palatable figure for what he does. I will say though, seems like Butcher still has a huge fanbase in the analytics department. I don't know, I'm just not fully seeing it on the ice.