Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nichushkin is exactly what we need but I don't think we'll pay him what he's going to get on the market. Could see us going after Burakovsky tho.

He's going to get 7x6 or 6x6 (nichushkin)

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's going to get 7x6 or 6x6 (nichushkin)

I'd be scared to give him that since this season's the only year he's really produced. He's a prime candidate to get paid and then go back into whatever shell he was in before the contract year.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd be scared to give him that since this season's the only year he's really produced. He's a prime candidate to get paid and then go back into whatever shell he was in before the contract year.

Same. He's gotten a big boost from playing with rantanen at times in the playoffs. Perfect player type for us, but yeah, definitely a prime bad contract candidate. Good age though

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Same. He's gotten a big boost from playing with rantanen at times in the playoffs. Perfect player type for us, but yeah, definitely a prime bad contract candidate. Good age though

Wonder if we'll be in on Mason Marchment

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I kind of hope not. Would rather risk nichushkin on a bigger deal. Marchment season just kind of screams crazy outlier 

Possibly. If he comes cheaper or for much less term than Nichushkin would want, I'd talk to him. 

Just now, Forge said:

I still don't know how he did it. He's like a warlock using blood magic.

I'm hesitant to sign any of these UFA forwards tbqh. They all have their warts. Burakovsky is probably the guy I'd be most comfortable with since he, at least, has a track record of solid-to-good performance and he buries goals at a consistent shooting rate. He's been at a ~25 goal pace in Colorado. 

Think he could produce at a higher rate if he got PP1 minutes. He's been a good ES performer in Denver.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We should lol

We are also going to draft a double over ager in the 5th or so 😂

Lol gotta do those area scouts a favor! Really hope we duck that trend soon. Hasn't been a good one. Let's get back to taking guys like Rango and Bratter

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol gotta do those area scouts a favor! Really hope we duck that trend soon. Hasn't been a good one. Let's get back to taking guys like Rango and Bratter

Rango was a double over ager 😂