Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What exactly does Montreal have to get #2? It'd take Caufield, 26 and Jake Allen for me to even consider it.

It 100% would have to involve Caufield, despite Montreal fans saying he's untouchable. 

I'm not sure how much more we would be able to squeeze out of them though. He's been very productive since coming up, and it's really just the brutal start to last season (3 pts, all assists, in his first 15 games). After that he ran at a .8 PPG clip in 16 minutes a game. Before that he had 12 point in 20 playoff games and 5 in 10 regular season games. He's a legit point producer. Like, I think there's a good chance that he's 85% - 90% of Alex Debrincat with more team control and salary value. I don't think we would do that straight up, but I don't think we'd get a ton over top of  him. 

The question is whether we should be entertaining that or if we would. Like damn that lineup would be small. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It 100% would have to involve Caufield, despite Montreal fans saying he's untouchable. 

I'm not sure how much more we would be able to squeeze out of them though. He's been very productive since coming up, and it's really just the brutal start to last season (3 pts, all assists, in his first 15 games). After that he ran at a .8 PPG clip in 16 minutes a game. Before that he had 12 point in 20 playoff games and 5 in 10 regular season games. He's a legit point producer. Like, I think there's a good chance that he's 85% - 90% of Alex Debrincat with more team control and salary value. I don't think we would do that straight up, but I don't think we'd get a ton over top of  him. 

The question is whether we should be entertaining that or if we would. Like damn that lineup would be small. 

Just take Slafkovsky. Caufield isn't worth #2.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Make it Timo+11+Hill/Kahkonen and we've got a deal.

Flip 11 for 27 and 32 from Arizona. Take Ivan Miroshnichenko at 27 and Noah Ostlund at 32. Boom.

Someone floated that on hf, but we had to give back blackwood. Still, same ballpark 

Just now, Forge said:

Someone floated that on hf, but we had to give back blackwood. Still, same ballpark 

Not sure why San Jose would need Blackwood back. They're not going to carry 3 goalies next year.

I'm offering our 2nd for one of Kahkonen/Hill.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I saw and responded with a GIF on Twitter lol

The insane fan trades account is hilarious right now, but it makes you want to cry at how bad some of these trades are. Like Jesus, don't know if can do another 3 weeks lol

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The insane fan trades account is hilarious right now, but it makes you want to cry at how bad some of these trades are. Like Jesus, don't know if can do another 3 weeks lol

lol let them dream. If we deal the pick, it'll be legit.

• Like 1