Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What's it say?

It was indicated that they sold their share of the devils and sixers, but I think the author misunderstood. I think they sold a minority share in the holding company that owns the teams 

STI's trade takes are so bad, man lol 

He's now trying to say that Fiala isn't worth a 2023 first round pick straight up. 

Fiala who was more than a PPG player this year and is top 20 in EV p/60 over the last 3 years is not worth a first round pick. Keeping in mind that Andrew Copp as a rental returned a 1st, 2nd, and 5th. Toffoli a 1st, 4th, 5th and two b prospects, Dvorak a 1st + 2nd. Reinhart a 1st + good goalie prospect. 

But Fiala isn't worth a first....

I legit don't get how his market value for NHL players is this bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Who was considered for the coaching job when Ruff was hired

We talked with gronborg, but he was under contract in Switzerland. Don't think that was ever real. We were apparently in on lavi (Peter lavliolette) but didn't want to pay him

I remember devils insiders did a series of pods where they did a top 64 coaching candidates bracket like the NCAA tournament. Ruff wasn't even in the 64 😂

Final top 10 for McKeen: 

1. Wright
  2. Cooley
  3.  Slaf
  4. Nemec
  5. Jiricek
  6. Savoie
  7. Kemell
  8. Lambert
  9. Lekkerimaki
  10. Yurov

I do not get the love affair with Lambert that so many people have. I'm guessing it has more to do with what they saw in his D -1 year as opposed to this year. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

We talked with gronborg, but he was under contract in Switzerland. Don't think that was ever real. We were apparently in on lavi (Peter lavliolette) but didn't want to pay him

I remember devils insiders did a series of pods where they did a top 64 coaching candidates bracket like the NCAA tournament. Ruff wasn't even in the 64 😂

Mingya that must’ve been a shock then lol. 

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Johnny hockey is from Jersey and a few years back he had expressed a desire to go back east when he had a chance. He grew up a flyers fan, so the two teams that were most attached to him as being a trade partner or team that could sign him were philly and Jersey. 

Navigating ufa in hockey is a messy proposition though